“Tasty, but Tiny Sea Bass” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Seven Corners, Virginia
“Tasty, but Tiny Sea Bass”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

So, I got this coupon in the mail for $10 off of $25+ order of food at this participating Bonefish grill restaurant. So, I went out of my way and drove to Alexandria (I live in Georgetown) for Saturday lunch. The place was completely empty, but filled up pretty fast afterwards. Most likely due to upcoming showings in nearby movie theater. To get $25+ in food you'd have to either order a starter and a main course or order something expensive. I chose the latter and ordered a "regular" size sea bass with ice tea. Long story short, I loved the way it was prepared and tasted, but the size of the dish left me wondering how big is the "small" portion for $5 less. Basically, it was one slice of a cross section. I thought it was just too little for $27. Other than that, I loved the place.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“No Single Women Served”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

On Saturday, August 11, 2012, I came to this restaurant at Kingstowne in Alexandria VA. When I told the hostess that it would be just me for lunch, she made a big deal over my being by myself. The hostess assisting her rolled her eyes. One of the female servers, when they were picking a spot to put me (it was, by the way, a very slow time, with most of the tables not taken) told the server, “don’t put her at that table, its mine.” I was seated and waited for 5 minutes before the server showed up. I asked for iced tea, and waited another 4-5 minutes to arrive. I had already made my selection, but the server said he was busy and would come back. Another 7 minutes (I was timing them by now.) He took my order, no starter, and a grouper burger. The tables around me started to fill up. After another 28 minutes all the tables around me had finished their starters and their entrees had arrived. I had nothing except ice tea in which the ice cubes had melted and a river of condensation running off the table. I got up and requested the manager. He was belligerent and non-apologetic. He stated the restaurant always gave good service, even to single diners. I pointed out that evidence of that was to the contrary. I left and will never darken one of their doors again. As it is, they got the message across loud and clear. No Single Women Served.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Springfield, Virginia
“Very Good Food & Super Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

The restaurant had power even though much of the rest of Northern Virginia did not. Consequently the place was packed with people who not only wanted good food but who also wanted air conditioning. It is a "Grill" and so I guess I should expect noisy...it was noisy. The food was very good, Bang Bang Shrimp, Ahi Tuna, etc., etc. Definitely a solid dining experience. Where they really shined was the service, everyone was attentive despite the crush and the din.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lorton, Virginia, United States
“Father's Day dinner stop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Went here with my wife, my sister, and my parents for Father's Day dinner. Living so close, I wondered why I'd not been here yet. I still wonder.

We quickly asked for an order of Bang Bang shrimp and an order of the fried calamari and picked a bottle of wine. The seafood was well-fried. The spicy sauce they use is basically a mayonnaise-based sauce with some chili flakes and hot sauce of some sort, but it pairs well with fried seafood. The waiter/sommlier quickly proved the need for a new corkscrew, as the one he tried using was pretty much busted and fractured the cork. Throw that thing away! His wine suggestion was tasty paired up with our appetizers.

Each of us ordered something different and I cannot say anything about anything the others ate since I didn't taste any, but my choice of the house salad and the ceviche special (an appetizer, yet a good portion) were pretty good.

Overall, it's a basic American fish house serving basic fish dishes and a few other items. There's nothing here that was amazing or worth raving about.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food but always crowded on weekends.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Bar area is cramped and packed tight. Food and drink specials are awesome but expect a crowded and loud atmosphere. Not really family friendly, enjoys more of a younger crowd.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere