“Wonderful hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Syosset, New York, USA
“Wonderful hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This hotel is beautiful. We just came here for a wedding and stayed 2 nights. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The room was spacious and the bed is extremely comfortable. We would definitely stay at this hotel again. The price was really good for the quality of this hotel. Would highly recommend to all.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Marina M,
Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share your thoughts. I was delighted to learn that all went well and that you enjoyed our staff, your room, and the price value we offered. We look forward to your next visit. Thanks again.

509 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

The location is great. Walk to King street for some of the best restaurants in the town or go downstairs to Trademark. About 7 minutes walk to Metro Alexandria Station. The hotel also offers courtesy shuttle. You are about 15 minutes car ride from DCA airport. The gym on the 3rd floor is adequately equipped. The swimming pool has life guard. The staff are well trained and very hospitable. Parking is valet only and $15/day. I paid $35 to $40 at hotels in downtown DC before. Yellow line Metro takes you to DCA in two stops. The same line can take to DC in 15 min. My coworkers always blame the "heavenly" bed in the room for why he over slept.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear sunjoe,
Thank you for taking the time to share these thoughts. I was so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of so much that the hotel and Old Town has to offer. Your comments certainly do touch on many of the advantages of staying with us. Thanks for choosing Westin...we hope to see you again soon.
Salisbury, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is a nice Westin hotel. I've stayed at one before and this one is very similar. Great rest/bar on site. The only con I would have is the parking or lack there of. The hotel offers valet parking for, I think it was $12 a day maybe $16, I can't remember. I don't do valet. There is VERY limited self parking around the hotel and it was difficult at times to find an open spot. While outside waiting for the shuttle I noticed the valet getting backed up because of the rush of people trying to get their cars at the same time. This was around 8ish I think. There's a shuttle that will take you down town and pick you up if need be. The walk is about a mile if you enjoy taking in some exercise. I would recommend this hotel because many people don't mind using valet. The service was great. I asked for a room away from the elevator and all the hustle. They were happy to oblige.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mharris,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your thoughts. I was delighted to know that our service as well as our Trademark Restaurant and Bar enhanced your overall experience and that in general you enjoyed all. I hope that we will see you again soon.
Long Island City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

There were decent deals for this location off of both Priceline Name Your Own Price and the Express Deals (difference of a few dollars). The hotel is located in a business area of Alexandria. I imagine it is busier during the week, but for the weekend, it was a quieter location without many people around. This meant that there was decent parking on the street with no meters if you come here on weekends. A big plus if you want to avoid valet parking.

The lobby is substantially large and the employees are very polite. We requested and received a king bedroom and we were put on a "Starwood Preferred Guests" floor. I am not sure what this meant, besides receiving 2 free bottles of water (not complaining, I will take it!). The room itself is decently sized and clean. Our dresser door that hid the fridge was broken and fell off its hinges. We were only staying the weekend and didn't think it required maintenance to come up. There is also a safe, coffeemaker with Starbucks, large desk with appropriate outlets. I wish there were outlets bedside in the lamps, but there are outlets behind the side tables. The bathroom was clean and I liked that there were two shower heads - one from the top and another hand held shower head. They provided enough towels, a blow dryer, and toiletries. The flat screen TV came with decent channels, though only Showtime for premium.

My only complaint is that these higher end hotels nickel and dime you for everything. Wifi was not complimentary and was $10/day. I wanted to print out tickets and the business center charges $7.50 for 15 minutes online and then $1 per printed page. Printing 2 tickets would've cost me $9.50!

The hotel restaurant was busy and looked good, but we chose to eat in town. There's a Whole Food Markets within walking distance. We ate all of our meals in Old Town Alexandria, which was about a mile away. We drove without any issues, since we could park on the street when we got back. I recommend Killer ESP for good gelato and Butcher's Block for a good sandwich (though pricey).

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Queenbee,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your thoughts. I was glad to know you enjoyed your stay and hope that we will see you again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This was a very nice facility but a bit off the beaten path when it comes to getting to King Street where the action is. (I understand they have a shuttle if you need to get to certain places and don't want to get your car out of valet parking.) It's in a very quiet part of town, not close to any restaurants, but that's OK as they have their own restaurant and bar. (They made the BEST COSMO I've ever had in my life! :) (Management... if you're reading this, kudos to the bartender and waiter who were taking care of the big party at 7:00 on Saturday evening!) The rooms are fine. I happened to get a fitness room - don't know if this is a Westin thing, but it had an exercise bike, weights and exercise mat and ball and workout videos. Interesting. My only pet peeve, but this seems to be the case in most hotels, is that there is only one luggage rack. Two of us were staying in the room, so this presents a problem. Also, there was only one robe. Otherwise, it was a nice stay and the staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a window overlooking the Masonic Temple. If fitness is important to you, ask for a room wit...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear travelingfun,
Thank you for staying with us. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to take such good care of you and your party in our Trademark Restaurant and Bar. Hoping to be of service again in the near future.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I was able to locate a last-minute cheaper rate at this Westin, and decided to give it a try because of its convenient location. This hotel is quite nice and its location in Old Town provides a solid array of food options. My room was nice and clean – and I do LOVE the Heavenly Beds at Westin Hotels. I wish that there were other parking options available other than the $26.00 Valet charge, but otherwise I had a good visit and would continue staying here again in the future – if I can afford it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Sean O,
Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to share your comments. I was glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay, particularly our location and the room with our Heavenly Beds. Just a quick note regarding your comment on parking...yes we do only offer valet parking, however there are other options very close by to consider if the cost is a concern. Plenty of street parking and other garages are located within two the three block of the hotel. We look forward to being of service again in the near future.
Brooklyn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have stayed here 6 times since July and have not been disappointed once! The rooms are clean and easy to work in and they are really comfortable. The staff was great each visit. It is easy to get to from the Metro from either King Street or Eisenhower Ave. It is not too far from King Street, where most of the restaurants are located and the shopping is, but it is more quiet - if that is what you are looking for.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ann D,
Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share your thoughts. I was delighted to learn that you are a frequent guest and that your experiences have been very good time and again, particularly with our rooms and our staff. Thanks so much for your confidence and support. I hope to have the opportunity to meet you are some point in the future. Please do not hesitate to ask for me next time in.
Rich Casale

Been to Westin Alexandria? Share your experiences!