“Lovely Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Alexandria, Virginia
“Lovely Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We usually stay on King Street when in Alexandria but chose to stay in a different area closer to the Metro on this visit. The Westin is located near the Pattern & Trade Commission and is very quiet over the weekend. The room was nicely appointed and the front desk and parking valets were very pleasant and helpful. I would go back.

Room Tip: Large hotel so ask for a quiet room if you are a light sleeper. We did and this request was accommo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear TravelWestport,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your visit to Alexandria this time. We appreciate your comments and were glad to know that you enjoyed your accomodations as well as the friendliness and service of our front desk and valet staff. Look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Rich Casale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We traveled by train and metro for a long weekend in Alexandria, so this was well located only a 5 minute walk from the King St Metro station. This is also easy to go into DC, $3-4 each way on the Metro. We also liked the location a few blocks away from the hustle of King St. Lobby is impressive with large wooden clock. Check in and out were fast and easy. Room was ample size with safe, iron, coffee maker and mini fridge, but no mini-bar. Bed was comfortable, we had an upper floor room which we found to be quiet, no problem sleeping well. Bath was typical size, one sink, shower in tub. Shower is overhead deluge type with additional hand held wand. The usual toiletries, hair dryer and magnifying mirror in bath. Green plan is $5 credit if no housekeeping for the day, credit good at hotel restaurant and at Starbucks located next door. Room service was quick and friendly. Fitness room has 7-8 cardio machines, a Universal and free weights. The room has floor to ceiling windows and mirrors, so it is clean and bright with towels and water. Pool is small and heated, hot tub also in pool area. Pool only open after 4 pm weekdays. Our sole problem was Saturday the Direct TV was not working for a number of stations, including for the game we wanted to watch.

Room Tip: We found our upper floor room to be quiet and elevator service to be rapid.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sear jisabr,
Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to share your comments. It sounds like you enjoyed our location with ease to the Metro and DC. Your extensive description of our hotel and amenities is appreciated and I hope you had an opportunity to take advantage of all. My apologies for the Direct TV hickup. We hope to see you again soon.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

No complaints, great property. Its a bit of a hike to King Street for any sort of night life, but they do have a shuttle that will take you down there. The shuttle will also take you to the Metro Station if you need to go to D.C. but won't take you directly to the airport. All in all no complaints other than the front desk being slow at checkin and checkout.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Chris B,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments. My apologies for the delay in your check in/check out. I was glad to know that you generally enjoyed the hotel and took note to our shuttle service available in and around Old Town and to the Metro. Hopefully you had an opportunity to take advantage of it. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Arnold, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed at this property for my niece's wedding weekend. The hotel was upscale, clean and lovely. The room and bath were classy and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. The only drawback was the parking situation. The only option was valet parking and although the service was attentive it was a bit slow. The wedding reception was held at the hotel and was wonderful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Maureen,
Thank you for staying with us. I was glad to know you enjoyed your accomodations and our staff and that all went well with wedding reception. We hope to see you back again soon.
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night in September 2013. When I checked in, I immediately went up to my assigned guestroom, and I noticed that the air was not working. I called the front desk who sent a engineer up to my room. The engineer could not fix the problem, so I had to switch my room. Ugh…what a pain. When I arrived to the new room, I noticed that it was not the same as the original room. The original room had a sofa, but the new one did not. Since I was only there one night, I didn’t make a fuss about it.

The hotel is just 3/4 blocks from the King Street metro station, and it’s just a short walk from the shops/bars/restaurants on King Street. The hotel even offers a shuttle service within a certain radius.

The Trademark restaurant adjoins the hotel, and it’s actually pretty good. I ate brunch there, and I really enjoyed their selection of brunch items. Their regular menu seems to be pretty extensive as well, especially their drink selections.

All in all, I had a good stay; however, with all of the other hotels in the area, I can’t say that I enjoyed my stay enough to stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear QTPyePop,
Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to share your comments. I was glad to know you enjoyed our location and your experience in Trademark. I did want to extend my apologies for the inconviences related to the air not working properly in the room and hope that we extended ourselves enough in the process of making a room change for you. Thanks again. Please feel free to reach out to me personally when you might have an opportunity to visit again as I would like to look after your accomodations.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Warm, and inviting hotel, with everything I needed. Clean, modern, quiet. A perfect retreat for my trip to DC. Even though I don't like Starbucks, there was one right around the corner for your coffee fix.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Ckings,
Thank you for staying with us. I was glad to know that all went well with your stay and that you were able to find everything you needed. Thanks as well for taking the time to share your thoughts. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Great property. Highly recommend. Valet parking only, which is not uncommon around the DC area. You can, however, park on the street as long as you move your vehicle by 8AM. The property appears to be somewhat new which may explain why it look so crisp.
I would recommend this property to everyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear partsguy,
Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to comment. I was glad to know that you enjoyed our service and facilties and we will hope to welcome you back soon.
Rich Casale

Been to Westin Alexandria? Share your experiences!