“Great stay for my first trip to DC” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #21 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
“Great stay for my first trip to DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Warm, and inviting hotel, with everything I needed. Clean, modern, quiet. A perfect retreat for my trip to DC. Even though I don't like Starbucks, there was one right around the corner for your coffee fix.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Ckings,
Thank you for staying with us. I was glad to know that all went well with your stay and that you were able to find everything you needed. Thanks as well for taking the time to share your thoughts. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

464 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Great property. Highly recommend. Valet parking only, which is not uncommon around the DC area. You can, however, park on the street as long as you move your vehicle by 8AM. The property appears to be somewhat new which may explain why it look so crisp.
I would recommend this property to everyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear partsguy,
Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to comment. I was glad to know that you enjoyed our service and facilties and we will hope to welcome you back soon.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Bed is so comfortable and the service great. Did not like being forced to use Valet parking. Expensive, not worth the cost. Should be allowed to park without charge while staying at hotel. The location was great. Wish the hotel was a little closer to where family lives, but not the hotels fault. Would recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cdrwr,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments. I am glad to know you enjoyed our Heavenly Bed and service in general. Although we do offer only valet parking in the hotel's garage as you mention, there are other less costly options to consider for your next visit in. There is quite a bit of street parking around the hotel and a number of self park garages located within a couple of blocks. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

stayed here multiple times on business trips - excellent service, great fitness center and pool; centrally located between two metro stops with free shuttle to metro. Restaurant is quiet with good food

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear CFM,
Thank you for choosing the Westin Alexandria for your stays when travelling to the area. I was delighted to know that you have stayed with us many times and are enjoying our service, fitness center, restaurant, and location among other things. We look forward to continuing to be of service and please feel free to reach out to me at any time while you are here.
Corona, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during the Labor Day weekend compliments of a vacation ownership presentation. I must say I was thoroughly impressed. Check in was a breeze and so easy. The concierge was very respectful. The room was absolutely amazing, especially for a standard room. Very comfortable king size bed; flat screen TV; work station with enough outlets; mini sitting area with little table, seat and foot stool; ironing board w/iron; safe; mini refrigerator; modern bathroom with all the amenities including hair dryer and bathrobe; most importantly plenty of space. I thought I was in a suite rather than a standard room.

I did my research online prior to departure and they mention they care about the environment, and they really do. Case in point, they had a door hanger that I could hang in front of the door refusing housekeeping. As a result I would receive a $5 dollar coupon that I could use towards food and beverages at restaurants around the hotel vicinity, for each night. I received 2 coupons during my stay, for a total of $10. There is a Starbucks right around the corner from the hotel and I was able to use my coupons there. I would say that was the best part of my stay and I think all hotels should do that as an incentive. Way to go Westin!

Check out was a breeze and I had the option of having my receipt email, which they did and I received it right away.

I highly recommend staying at this hotel, if you are ever in the Alexandria area. It was way beyond my expectations and you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thomas P, Manager at Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear KrazySexyCool007

Thank you for choosing the Westin Alexandria as your preferred location while visiting Alexandria. I was glad to read you enjoyed your room and the efficiency of our service.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts is committed to reduce our carbon footprint with an agressive goal that we call 30/20 by 20 meaning we are committed to reducing our energy consumption by 30 percent and water consumption by 20 percent by 2020. In return of declining housekeeping services, we are pleased to offer you with a $5 credit to any of our Food & Beverage venues of our hotel.
We look forward to your future visits and I hope our paths will cross while you are staying with us.
Thomas Poteau
Director of Oeprations
Mississauga, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We loved our room and the amenities in the hotel. From the lobby to the gym, everything is well appointed. The valet service was quick and all of the attendants were super friendly. The internet was expensive and unreliable, rather unacceptable in 2013. We paid $35 for four days and then could only get a signal in the doorway of the bathroom of our room, not exactly convenient. There was a bit of an issue with housekeeping, it was a gamble as to how many towels would be placed in the bathroom each day, the number seemed to decrease as the week went on. All towels were collected each day even if they were hung-up or unused, which seemed a bit wasteful and contrary to the usual Westin practice. Room service was great, the food was delicious and as always the service was excellent! The hotel is conveniently located in terms of access to the highway. There is a Starbucks just around the corner from the front door, perfect for grabbing a latte on the way out. Anything we needed during our stay was taken care of, the staff without exception were incredibly helpful and friendly. We would stay here again if we ensure that we could get proper wifi access in our room.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lizzie222

Thank you for chosing The Westin Alexandria for your accomodations while in Alexandria. I was pleased to read you liked our hotel and enjoyed your stay as well as the service we provided. I apologize for the inconsistency with the housekeeping service and I will address this with my team.
Your comments concerning the internet cost and reliability are appreciated. We do offer complimentary internet in and around the lobby area. We are also presently evaluating our offering in terms of technology and pricing. We hope to have some great news soon.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
Thomas Poteau
Director of Operations
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I enjoyed a three day weekend stay at this hotel, Friday night to Monday. I thought the service was excellent, and any request I had was met. The room was spacious with all the Westin amenities - robes, toiletries and the comfy beds. The restaurant menu, I thought was well rounded. If you just wanted to have a glass of wine and a salad or something small, there was a good selection. Or, they had a three course dinner option as well. Something for everyone. It is in a very clean, safe neighbourhood. It's an easy walk from the King metro stop; a 7 minute walk to the Whole Foods at Jaimeson and Holland; and, if you are walking direct to the pier, it is a 35 minute walk from the hotel.

There is a strange noise problem, though. I chalk it up to shoddy construction. This hotel is part of a larger condo complex and seems to be very new. On my first night there, I could hear voices from the ventilation duct next to my bed. Not loud, but clearly people talking in one of the adjoining rooms. Not a big deal, I have a white noise app on my phone that I used, and it drowned the noise out. On the Saturday night, funny thing. I could feel the boom-boom-boom of a base or stereo. No music sound though, just the vibration of a surround sound speaker. It sounded like house music. For the life of me, I could not figure out where this was coming from. It was not in any of the rooms on either side of me, and not from outside, as my room faced a lower roof. Weird. My room was on the 7th floor. Sunday night was fine, as I guess not many people stay over on Sunday.

All that being said, I would stay here again - but I wouldn't buy a condo in that building!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear SoloSpirit,
Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and I was delighted to learn of your satisfaction with our service, amenties and restaurant experience. My apologies for the noise disruption. Periodically we do hear this. We try to react very quickly when brought to our attention to discover the source and resolve the problem. I was glad to know that you will return and we look forward to being of service again soon.
Rich Casale

Been to Westin Alexandria? Share your experiences!