“Beautiful hotel in beautiful Alexandria!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #21 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
San Antonio, Texas
“Beautiful hotel in beautiful Alexandria!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while on a business trip to Alexandria. The hotel is beautiful. It is very clean and the decor is inviting and makes for a great atmosphere. I brought my family along for this trip and they loved it. The location is perfect; it is close to the King St. Metro and to the train station. Washington is just across the river; so it's like you can access two great cities at once. The hotel is conveniently located to Old Town. Staying in this area is like taking a trip back in history. There are so many historic places, the homes and shops are beautiful. The hotel restaurant has great food and drinks. We will definitely return to this hotel. There is also so much to do and see in D.C.; this hotel is a perfect location. Parking isn't cheap at $26 a day, but they do offer limited shuttle service. They also charge for wireless internet as they do at most upscale hotels. Honestly, I've never understood the internet charges, when wireless internet is free at La Quinta or Holiday Inn...oh well. The hotel front desk staff was courteous and very friendly; we were checked-in, in just a few minutes. The cleaning staff went out of their way to greet us every morning. Stay at this hotel if you're in the DC area; you will not be disappointed. Website: www.westinalexandria.com phone: (703) 253-8600

Room Tip: Book a high floor room facing the court house; you'll love the view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Dave E,

Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to share your thoughts. Your comments concerning our staff and numerous other highlights of your stay are most appreciated and I was so glad to know that you and your family enjoyed yourselves. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

464 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

It was a very nice hotel, very friendly helpful staff, very clean and somewhat quiet , if you have AAA you can get a nice discount . the only thing that we did not like was the lifeguard at the pool that was on duty they could of cared less about making people stop roughhousing and dangerous conditions i had company over and we could not enjoy the pool the whole hour or so we were there too much noise and commotion rules were being broken . And the pool is small but there is a hot whirlpool also, nice shower area for cleaning up . Very clean towels and you get to borrow a robe while you there but you have to buy it if you want to keep it but its nice . AC is cold and works great nice furniture, a safe , and has a frig but you have to pay for refreshments think it was wine etc in there , if you want a microwave u have to ask i think, we just had a one cup coffee maker nice flat screen tv and great pillow-top beds so comfy !! Also you can get complementary water and starbucks coffee pods you could make more than one cup out of one pod if you like your coffee weak its strong to me , creamer sweetener etc and shampoo , lotion , soap, body wash which smells so good etc everyday which i did not know and free usa today newspapers , internet is extra cause its high speed .the hotel is no smoking but you can smoke outside there are ashtrays and benches nice place to sit and watch people go by . I recommend the Potbelly restaurant great sandwiches etc they even have local artists sing while you are eating nice atmosphere, good prices , they have outside tables also its walking distance just ask the front desk they even printed us a map Roberto i believe was his name at the desk he was very nice and helpful about that , also there is other shops and restaurants walking distance along the way busy city but nice area there are benches along the way smoking areas to sit at etc .

Room Tip: 6th floor was quiet mostly and nice view across the street and cold ac in our room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear RhondaF,
Thank you for staying with us. I was glad to know you enjoyed your stay and our staff. Thank you for bringing the pool situation to our attention as we will revisit our policies there. Hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed here one night on my way home via the train/Amtrak through Reagan National. Except for a little traffic it was really convenient and was a really nice stay. It is located in the Carlyle area which has high end tower residences and the courthouse...and the King St Metro station. What limited contact I had with the front desk was excellent... pleasant service as one expects from Westin properties.

I called them from the train station to have the shuttle pick me up. It took 45 minutes because of an accident near Old Town but otherwise it was a pretty quick trip 5-10 mins from the train station. The hotel is only a couple of blocks away from the Metro... an easy walk during the day when you can take the pedestrian underpass. But the underpass is closed at 9pm so when I came back late after a Nationals game, I had to cross the street... not bad when traffic is light.

It is not too close to the main tourist areas of King Street in Old Town but still walkable; they do have a shuttle that can take you there.

I had an early flight out on a Saturday and a cab to Reagan was $20 (w/ tip).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear emandw,
Thank you for staying with us. I was glad to know that you enjoyed the location of our hotel, our staff and the convenience of our shuttle service. Hope to welcome you back again soon.
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We had a great stay and have nothing but positive things to say about the Westin Alexandria. The room was very nice, clean and comfortable. The staff were pleasant and efficient. The location is convenient to the Metro and Old Town. A free shuttle is available if you prefer not to walk. The restaurant had great drinks and food. And best of all was the price! This was our second stay here and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Jpolizzotto,
Thank you for staying with us recently. Your comments concerning our staff, restaurant and general location are much appreciated and we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon!
Alexandria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The staff was very helpful without asking, this location was a 5 star service level typical of a European hotel.
Lovely location, clean rooms, nice ambience, decorated tastefully without over doing it.
Concierge , shuttle, room service, valet and other luxuries were a lovely experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear ErinS,
Thanks for your glowing comments concerning your recent stay. I am so glad to know you enjoyed all and hope that we will have an opportunity to be of service again soon.
Petoskey, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Westin Alexandria is fine, high-end property. It offers, comfortable beds, a nice room, a lovely lobby, and outstanding food (the restaurant was a treat!). However, what makes this property a real gem is the customer service. Although I travel a great dea,l I rarely feel like a VIP. The staff at the Westin Alexandria made me feel like a rock star. I got rock star treatment from both Dagg and Ronald at the front desk! Both took the time to explain the area to me, print maps for me and make numerous suggestions for my stay. They gave me free water and made good food recommendations. They were super friendly on the phone and took care of minor room issues right away (the phone and fridge were broken). Ronald even brought me a fork AFTER his shift was over! Who does that?

Clearly Dag and Ronald love the Westin and are willing to go the extra mile to make their hotel look good. I booked this hotel because of a wedding. However, I come to DC often. As a result of the excellent customer service, I am moving my future business travel to this hotel! Afterall, it's not everyday that I'm treated like a rock star!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Greenleaftalking,
Thanks for staying with us recently. I was so glad to learn that we made your stay special and I know that Dag and Ron will be most pleased to read your comments concerning their service. Hope to see you again soon!
Springfield, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

During my stay at the Westin there were a few minor things that I didn't think were appropriate - there was a dirty bra in the nightstand from a previous guest, no hand towels provided on the second day of my stay, and loud music from a wedding reception taking place in the hotel on Saturday night until midnight. Those were just minor annoyances.

My big complaint is that I paid in advance for this room online to get a cheaper rate and upon checkout on Sunday morning I was told that the room was prepaid and that a receipt would be emailed to me. Upon arrival at the airport I looked at the email from the Westin and found that I was charged for 3 nights of parking - $78.01 - and I didn't have a car!!! I called right away and was told that the accounting office is closed on Sundays and to call back tomorrow. I called this morning at 9:15 and was asked to leave my phone number or email address and they would "investigate." Investigate what??? I was also told that the matter would be resolved within a half an hour. Four hours later I called accounting again and was told that she "forgot about it" but was in the process of issuing a refund. Nice way to treat your guests, don't you think???

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear rjdav,
Thank you for staying with us. My apologies for some of the incoveniences you experienced. I did check in accounting to see who might have called in concerning parking charges. It appears we have one that could be yours and if so you should see that the adjustment has been made by now. I agree that we could have reacted with more of a sense of urgency and concern regarding this once you brought it to our attention. Thanks again for staying with us. I hope you might return and if so please feel free to reach out to me personally so I can look after your stay.
Rich Casale

Been to Westin Alexandria? Share your experiences!