I was expecting more from a Westin in such a fine location as Alexandria. The price is high and the entrance looks very fancy and the door and check-in staff were great. However there were a number of small issues which made the experience memorable for the wrong reasons
1. Small things not right - the hotel had run out of room slippers. I have grown used to these and was disappointed when the housekeeping and front desk staff said they were out
2. Bedside telephone was not working - it was a cordless set which clearly past its prime
3. Thin walls and voices heard from the air ducts
4. Rowdy and drunk crowd in the elevators and hallways
But the biggest issue I had was when ordering my room-service breakfast the second and last night I was there. Someone 'forgot' to put the little ordering card on the door knob the second day (I used it on day 1). Wanting the same items, I called the front desk and room service around 12:30 and again at 1:30 am but no one answered. Finally when I awoke at 6;30 am in the morning I called the One-touch-service line and reached asked to order off that card and was told I couldn't do so because it was too late. Fine, please give me the normal rate for your "Healthy Breakfast"or whatever I had day 1 - "sorry, it's not on the menu". Fine, then how long for an omelette - since I'm now in a rush "sorry I can't tell you, it can be up to 25 minutes". Oh my! Can I have the duty manager.... "the manager is not here now". So I hung up in anger. I called back and asked for this person's name and never got it but was finally transferred to the kitchen without a name of course! (end of story - kitchen figured out how to hand write an order and send it up in 10 mins).... during checkout I reported the ordeal to the front desk who said they would knock off $5 of a $400 bill...hah - I told them not to bother since I was in a hurry.
On the bright side, the location was good :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Alexandria blends sophistication and elegance with the historic surroundings of Alexandria. Located in Old Town Alexandria, our hotel is an oasis of personal, instinctive comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Starwood, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Westin Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
- Alexandria Westin