“Lovely” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #19 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
“Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Great location, friendly shuttle to waterfront. Room was vey clean, bathroom nice size, but limited counter space. The bathroom does have nice lighting for makeup and a makeup mirror. It was exactly what I would have expected at a Westin.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Nova Mom G,
Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to comment. Glad to know that you were comfortable wth all and enjoyed the convenience of our shuttle. We hope to see you again soon.
Rich Casale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My family took a quick two day trip to Alexandria VA. I booked the Westin using my Starwood points. We were very pleased w the stay. First and foremost the staff was excellent. They went above and beyond to make my family comfortable. From Solomon, the van driver, to Martha in housekeeping, everyone was beyond kind to my family ( especially my two little girls). The room was comfortable, the restaurant was good ( burgers were great).
They provide a complimentary van shuttle service to old town. The van driver really did an outstanding job. We can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear psu86,
Thank you for your comments. We were delighted to learn of your satisfaction with so many elements of your stay particularly the service provided by Solomon and Martha. I know that they will enjoy reading your comments. Thanks again. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Huahine, French Polynesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Nice hotel in Alexandria's new business site. About 30 minutes walk to the waterfront. Clean rooms but no views, comfy beddings, and nice new European style rainshower with good water pressure. Nightly rate is beyond my reach if not for our corporate event. Food served at our conference is above average; coffee and tea available throughout. Complimentary soaps, shampoos and lotions appeal to the senses. If you opt for "green" (none to clean/fix the room during your stay) they''ll give you a $5 Starbucks card that expires on the day you check out. This is disappointing coz we didn't have time to go outside due to intensive business schedule. I'd prefer one that doesn't expire. And unless you sign in for Starwood membership, they'll not tell you that bottled water in the room is $4 (not sure if it was included in the list of bar items found in the room).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear GieOct07,
Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments. I noticed you were attending a conference and appeared to enjoy the facilities. Thank you as well for participating in our "green choice" program while you were here. The coupon we provide for this does allow for a $5 food and beverage credit not only in Starbucks but in our restaurant as well or is good for 500 points credit to your account in our SPG program. Since you did not have an opportunity to use it while you were here, we would be happy to provide the poiints to you if your will reach you to me directly. Hope to hear from you and have you visit with us again soon.
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Super location for conference (two Metro stops from airport) and our contract included free Internet in room (not in meeting rooms, however). Starbucks on the property allows participants a quick break with your coffee drink of choice. Conference meals were outstanding with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables at lunch. New rainfall shower heads have been installed. There was some confusion about printing boarding passes, kind of a run-around, so be sure to check in for your flight as early as possible.

Room Tip: if you are on the lowest floor available you can use the stairs to get to the gym, or to exit to Sta...
Dear Jan,
Thanks for taking the time to share your comments concerning your experience while attending a meeting recently. I was delighted to learn of your satisfaction with many aspects of the stay. I did make note of your challenge concerning the boarding pass and will review our process to insure that it is running efficiently. Hope to see you again soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Visited 4/19 & 4/20 with three women friends while visiting a friend in the area. I booked directly through the hotel website and got a great weekend deal. The hotel is modern, comfortable & quiet. Not a sound during the night and the beds are fabulous. Rooms are very clean and the common areas are modern and well appointed. My only complaint with the rooms is lack of free internet service. I believe the charge is $15 per day.

My biggest complaint is with the onsite Landmark Restaurant. Our server was very uppity and acted like he was doing us a real favor to wait on us. At 9:58 we ordered some Bloody Mary's & Bellinis and were told that the bar didn't open til 10, but he'd see what he could do! We had to ask for EVERYTHING! Coffee refills, water refills, jelly, cream....One of the ladies wanted more honey for her oatmeal and waiter said "you already have some!" When paying around $26pp for breakfast, you'd expect less attitude and more service! This was reflected in the tip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear cabushka,
Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to share your comments. Although much seemed to go well during your stay, I was disappointed to learn of your experience in our Trademark restaurant. We just recently renovated the space and concept and would have expected to provide much better for you. We will address your service observations with what appears to be some needed retraining. Thanks again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I travel to Alexandria quite often when attending to business in DC. Up until now i had stayed at a couple of Hilton brand hotels near the King St. Metro station. Those hotels were for the most part nice but very over priced even for the metropolitan DC area. On my most recent trip, my usual stays were booked solid. Consequently, i ended up at the Westin. What a stroke of luck! The hotel is beautiful! Clean, modern and decked out with all my desired amenities. As for convenience, the hotel is within walking distance of the metro, but if you are not into the walk the hotel offers a shuttle service and there are taxis everywhere. I will most certainly be back to the Westin on future trips.

Dear job28123,
Thanks for staying with us! It appears from your comments that in the past you have normally stayed at other hotels in Alexandria. I was glad to know that you enjoyed your experience with us and that we may be your hotel of choice in the future. Look forward to seeing you again soon.
Dubuque, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I spent four nights at the Westin Alexandria while attending a conference in the same facility.

The bed and linens were good, and sleep quality was acceptable. I did not sleep well, but tough to blame the conditions.

Overall the room was pretty good, no complaints.

The gym facilities were pretty good- free weights, a few machines, mats, swiss balls, and several treadmills. The pool and hot tub, although both small, have a comfortable atmosphere.

The conference facilities were better than most hotel conference facilities I've attended (out of the 15-20 hotels). Large room had good lighting and accoustics, with great access from two sides. The small breakout rooms have great natural lighting, nice tables and chairs, and comfortable. The common lounge spaces are just the right size and furniture. Well designed for a small conference.

The service was fine, I did not have any issues nor concerns. I did not eat at any of the on-site facilities.

The location is decent, within walking distance from all the great restaurants and shopping on historic King Street, and about 20 minute walk from the water. It is only 5 minute walk to the metro stop, so you can easily get to and from the airport, as well as anywhere else in the DC area.

Overall Westin Alexandria is a good hotel with great conference facilities. I was pleased with my stay.

Dear Joshua,
Thanks for staying with us recently. I was glad to know you enjoyed your stay and greatly appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts on so many different aspects of our hotel. I hope your travels will bring you our way again soon.
Rich Casale

Been to Westin Alexandria? Share your experiences!