“Perfect except for bad restaurant experience!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Perfect except for bad restaurant experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Visited 4/19 & 4/20 with three women friends while visiting a friend in the area. I booked directly through the hotel website and got a great weekend deal. The hotel is modern, comfortable & quiet. Not a sound during the night and the beds are fabulous. Rooms are very clean and the common areas are modern and well appointed. My only complaint with the rooms is lack of free internet service. I believe the charge is $15 per day.

My biggest complaint is with the onsite Landmark Restaurant. Our server was very uppity and acted like he was doing us a real favor to wait on us. At 9:58 we ordered some Bloody Mary's & Bellinis and were told that the bar didn't open til 10, but he'd see what he could do! We had to ask for EVERYTHING! Coffee refills, water refills, jelly, cream....One of the ladies wanted more honey for her oatmeal and waiter said "you already have some!" When paying around $26pp for breakfast, you'd expect less attitude and more service! This was reflected in the tip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear cabushka,
Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to share your comments. Although much seemed to go well during your stay, I was disappointed to learn of your experience in our Trademark restaurant. We just recently renovated the space and concept and would have expected to provide much better for you. We will address your service observations with what appears to be some needed retraining. Thanks again.
Rich Casale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I travel to Alexandria quite often when attending to business in DC. Up until now i had stayed at a couple of Hilton brand hotels near the King St. Metro station. Those hotels were for the most part nice but very over priced even for the metropolitan DC area. On my most recent trip, my usual stays were booked solid. Consequently, i ended up at the Westin. What a stroke of luck! The hotel is beautiful! Clean, modern and decked out with all my desired amenities. As for convenience, the hotel is within walking distance of the metro, but if you are not into the walk the hotel offers a shuttle service and there are taxis everywhere. I will most certainly be back to the Westin on future trips.

Dear job28123,
Thanks for staying with us! It appears from your comments that in the past you have normally stayed at other hotels in Alexandria. I was glad to know that you enjoyed your experience with us and that we may be your hotel of choice in the future. Look forward to seeing you again soon.
Dubuque, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I spent four nights at the Westin Alexandria while attending a conference in the same facility.

The bed and linens were good, and sleep quality was acceptable. I did not sleep well, but tough to blame the conditions.

Overall the room was pretty good, no complaints.

The gym facilities were pretty good- free weights, a few machines, mats, swiss balls, and several treadmills. The pool and hot tub, although both small, have a comfortable atmosphere.

The conference facilities were better than most hotel conference facilities I've attended (out of the 15-20 hotels). Large room had good lighting and accoustics, with great access from two sides. The small breakout rooms have great natural lighting, nice tables and chairs, and comfortable. The common lounge spaces are just the right size and furniture. Well designed for a small conference.

The service was fine, I did not have any issues nor concerns. I did not eat at any of the on-site facilities.

The location is decent, within walking distance from all the great restaurants and shopping on historic King Street, and about 20 minute walk from the water. It is only 5 minute walk to the metro stop, so you can easily get to and from the airport, as well as anywhere else in the DC area.

Overall Westin Alexandria is a good hotel with great conference facilities. I was pleased with my stay.

Dear Joshua,
Thanks for staying with us recently. I was glad to know you enjoyed your stay and greatly appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts on so many different aspects of our hotel. I hope your travels will bring you our way again soon.
Bronx, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I took a little trip to Alexandria because it was so close to Washington DC. We had such a great time. The hotel was beautiful and clean. Ron at the front desk help us so much with places to eat and visit. He was such a polite to talk to. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and would come back again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lisamarie,
Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments, particularly concerning Ron. I am sure he will be very pleased to know that he had such a great impact on your experience. Hope to welcome you back again very soon.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is going to be one of my shortest reviews.

4 out of 5 for me is a place I would stay in every time with no second thought. To get 5 in my book you really have to blow it away and think of everything before I ask.

The location is sort of a quite area after 5pm. There are a few things around but not a ton.

Rooms were just fine and so was the service. I even left something in the room and finally got a a very helpful security guard that sent me my bag. Only thing that made me scratch my head was how the hotel did not contact me to let me know I left a bag. Its a bag not a toothbrush.

Guess I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Ktscott,
Thank you for staying with us and for your comments. Glad to know all went well and most improtantly that we were able to find and return your bag. Given that you are so well travelled, your postive comments are very much appreicated.

Jamestown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We couldn't find a place to stay near the Mall in Washington DC at Easter time that was reasonable, so we opted for nearby Alexandria, VA. for 2 reasons: its near the metro and its a quaint historical city with things to do in the evening.
The Westin Alexandria is one of the nicest hotels we have stayed at: safe, super clean, staff helpful and kind, beautiful setting. It has a shuttle that we used to pick us up after dining on King St. in Alexandria for free. Also, when booking i called Westin directly and they worked with me on a reasonable rate that beat the internet rates.
We were able to walk or take the local trolley to nearby shopping and restaurants.
I would recommend it - highly.
One should know there is only valet parking and it costs an additional $25/ night to park a car. The hotel is a gem. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear dolceniente,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments. I was pleased to learn of your satisfaction with all. Noticed you are from Jamestown, NY. I have a cousin that lives up there and have visited a few times. Great place. I hope we will have have an opportunity to be of service again in the near future.
Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 days at the Westin Alexandria...staff was terrific...hotel was very clean...location was very convenient to the Metro for trips to DC and the trolley to Old Town Alexandria...

Highly recommended

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Mark k,
Thanks for staying with us recently and taking the time to share your comments. I was delighted to learn of your satisfaction with our staff, service and location. Hope to see you back again soon.
Rich Casale

Been to Westin Alexandria? Share your experiences!