“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Lakewood, Colorado
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed here two nights for a conference/business trip. Very comfortable place with a convenient shuttle (not to the airport however), but it's walking distance to the King Street Metro Station and you can take the blue line to and from National. Also across the street from the courthouse. Close to Old Town Alexandria and other sites and convenient to hop on the Metro to downtown DC. There's a Starbucks just around the corner (hallelujah!) which makes mornings great, and the hotel restaurant, Trademark, is pricey but very decent. Had great front desk, concierge and luggage service, too. And of course there's those beds and the Heavenly Shower. The fitness facility is way above average, and for a mere $5 you can get a pair of New Balance shoes, workout gear and keep the socks. What's not to love?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Leenda324,

It was great to hear from you as a confence guest at our hotel recently. Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and I was delighted to hear of your satisfaction with your stay. You pointed out so many of the advantages to staying with us from our signature restaurant Trademark to Starbucks to the Heavenly Bed and Shower to the Fitness Facility and our new Workout Gear Lending program. Lastly, thanks or your comments regarding our staff which I am sure they will be delighted to see. Look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Rich Casale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Voorhees, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I am a manager in the Northeast and my residence is in central VA. My hubby and I wanted to find a spot that was exactly in the middle. So, we landed on Alexandria. We thought we would simply meet and spend time together for the evening...something simple. However, upon encountering John "Jay" Johnson (Conceirge) - he helped us turn our night into something fantastic. We know that it is the Conceirge job to find you a place to eat, give you directions, and make you feel welcomed. He did all of this to the 10th degree. Jay was so hospitable, thorough, and helpful. Upon arriving, Jay helped me get checked in (ensuring I got a great view of beautiful Alexandria), made reservations for us at two locations (fantastic selections too), and helped me locate my husband (who was lost). He greeted us upon our return by name and was even there the next day at check out - making checkout personal/quick/easy. He was just amazing - making me want to come back to the hotel to have such personal (VIP) service like he provided. The amenities were very nice...beds were comfy (I slept very well) and breakfast was also delicious. However, I feel that it was a bit pricy for what I ordered.

I look forward to our next visit to this Westin!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ICUTam,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments comcerning your recent stay. It was great to learn of your experience with our concierge Jay. From the sound of things, he made helped make your stay very special. I know he will enjoy reading your comments. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The front desk staff was great....as was concierge. It was my hubby and my 9th year anniversary and they really made it special for us.....The breakfast was ok, not too many choices in terms of food and was over priced. They did not have the flavor of tea that I wanted, not a big deal. I would def stay there again. However I would go when the weather is a bit warmer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear marss20,

Thank you for choosing the Westin Alexandria to celebrate your anniversary. I was so glad to learn that we made the experience special for you. I was also pleased to learn of your satisfaction with our front office and conicierge services. Thanks for staying with us, sharing your comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Rooms and facilities are ok. Location ok but rather business than tourism location. But service in restaurant is the worst I have ever experienced, and days after checkout I noticed they had charged >330£ to my credit card without any signature or PIN verification in place.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear ketelsuv,

Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to share your comments. I wanted to take this opportunity to apologize for the restaurant experience you mentioned. I would like to learn more about the details in an effort to correct what might have gone wrong and I welcome you to reach out to me directly at your convenience. Once again my apologies and hope to hear from you.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

There is a manager at this location by the name of Ronald that give us the VIP treatment our entire stay. We arrived to a room that was facing rocks, Ron quickly moved us to a room with a beautiful view as I got engaged on Valentines Day!!!! He suggested the best restaurants, provided shuttle services and just made us feel like celebrities...the best engagement weekend ever!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I hosted a meeting here Oct 2012 and had a phenomenal experience. The attention and availability from the staff was above and beyond. The on site meals were above our expectations and the rooms were luxurious. It was a fantastic location and I hope to have a chance to stay there again in future visits to VA.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We recently stayed here on a business/pleasure trip, it was wonderful!!! The staff is all very helpful and friendly. The location is close to Old Alexandria with tons of restuarants and shopping. With the refrigerator in the room, we were able to buy breakfast and snacks/water at the very close Whole Foods and eat in our room. And the Starbucks just two doors down was very handy.

The beds are very cozy, the towels clean and fluffy and the rain showerhead is relaxing.

The King St. Metro station is a 7 minute walk and will take you anywhere you need to go in D.C. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room the faces the courthouse, otherwise it's an alley view.