“The accommodations were impeccable and the service was excellent; I really enjoyed my stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Alexandria

Special Offer
Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I mistakenly thought I had reservations at the Westin Alexandria January 18-24, 2013.I would like to commend 2 individuals, Sara and Ronald, for their outstanding attention to my needs.Their professionalism and courtesy makes me glad that I am a Starwood Preferred member, and it has made Westin my hotel of choice.

• Stayed January 2013
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear ChuckL 57,

Thank you for staying with us recently. I was so glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and particularly the service of Sara and Ronald. We are very excited about the service they and so many other of our staff provide for our guests. I hope we will be seeing you again soon.

Rich Casale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

You expect a certain something when you stay at a Westin, and this one has it all ! What sets this above all others for me is the staff. The Front Desk staff is exactly what you want at the end of a long hectic day. They are Customer Service Stars !!

We stayed 2 nights to be closer in the DC for the Inauguration, the hotel was full and very busy, but the service was still superb.

Ronald at the Front Desk was amazing !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Athens, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

A two night business trip for my son, but a great gettaway for me. I helped my son drive to Alexandria just as a backup driver on a 10 hour trip. While he took care of his business. I lounged and ate at the hotel restaurant. The weather was cloudy and rainy and I spent the entire time in the hotel. It was wonderful. Very comfortable bed, lovely bathroom, and we had booked the room with full breakfast each day and there in was the best deal! The food was quite good and the service very friendly. Its was quiet and I felt very comfortable eating alone.

The only minus would be if you wanted to be in the mix of Alexandria and King Street, It would be a bit of a walk which, in good weather might be quite pleasant. I didn't feel like exploring, again, because of the weather.

This is the perfect place to stay if you have dealing with the US Patent and Trademark office, its only a short walk from the hotel.

Room Tip: If you require complete silence to sleep, make sure you need a room away from the train noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mae C,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share your comments. I was delighted to learn that you had a pleasant experience and hope you will have an opportunity to stay again in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me at anytime and I will be happy to look after your accomodations. Thanks again.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Shortly before Christmas my wife and I stayed at the Westin Alexandria, a most excellent facility and great staff. Most excellent was the concierge Ray. My wife and I had driven down from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, for a quick get-away to stay overnight and check out "Old Town" Alexandria. Upon searching for places to see, we were nearly overwhelmed by the many things to see and do and places to eat. We didn't bring a bagload of money,and many menus didn't show their prices. We then had a chat with Ray. He suggested some nice attractions and an excellent Greek restaurant for dinner. We took his suggestion for dinner and the restaurant hit the spot. A great meal, and plenty of it, for not a lot of money. The next day we hit the sites and enjoyed our nice get-away. Thank you so much Ray. Your kindness, knowledge, and expertise were just what we needed!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Clyde S,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and for taking the time to share your comments. I was delighted to learn of your hgh degree of satisfaction with our service and Ray in particular. We will look forward to your next visit, hopefully in the very near future.

Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The Westin Alexandria has most of the amenities you would expect from a Westin. Great location, within walking distance to the venue I attended.
The room was clean & comfortable. The "heavenly shower" was replaced by a large rain shower head - nice, but weak pressure.
The restaurant serves one of the best breakfasts - the cranberry French toast, a must try!
The staff were slow, and we had to wait for an in correction on the bill to be fixed.
Overall, average to very good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear JackiB,

Thanks for staying with us! We appreciate your comments and will continue to work with our service staff in the restraurant to insure they are prompt and efficient in reacting to any guest concerns as you point out this opportunity. So glad you enjoyed the room, the food, the location. Hope to see you again soon.

Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed at the Westin Alexandria for two days over Christmas, as we've done for the past 4 years, while visiting family in the area. I love this hotel. We are always greeted with great courtesy by staff, from the front desk to bellmen to servers and the hostess in the restaurant. The rooms are extraordinarily comfortable and quiet. The restaurant menu has been changed to more casual fare since our last visit, and a broader selection of entrees would be welcome; however, we enjoyed our Christmas Eve dinner and two breakfasts in the hotel. We got a bargain price of only $79 per night by paying in full at booking, which is an absolute steal for a hotel of such high quality. We'll be back again next Christmas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

The Westin in Alexandria surpassed our expectations. Before arriving I called the front desk and asked if I could check in early because I wasn't feeling well. Robin answered and she allowed us to check in hours before the check in time so I could rest. When we arrived, she saw that I was in my pjs looking sick. She asked if I needed extra blankets or chicken soup. Without even asking, a beautiful bowl of chicken broth, crackers, oranges, ginger ale and tea was sent to my room. She even sent the sweetest get well card. Its usually very uncomfortable to be away from home when you're sick. Not at the Westin of Alexandria! The room, the service and the location are perfect. We will be loyal to the Westin on our upcoming trips to the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Westin Alexandria? Share your experiences!