“Nice Property, centrally located” 4 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #17 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Annapolis, Maryland
“Nice Property, centrally located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The Westin Alexandria has most of the amenities you would expect from a Westin. Great location, within walking distance to the venue I attended.
The room was clean & comfortable. The "heavenly shower" was replaced by a large rain shower head - nice, but weak pressure.
The restaurant serves one of the best breakfasts - the cranberry French toast, a must try!
The staff were slow, and we had to wait for an in correction on the bill to be fixed.
Overall, average to very good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear JackiB,

Thanks for staying with us! We appreciate your comments and will continue to work with our service staff in the restraurant to insure they are prompt and efficient in reacting to any guest concerns as you point out this opportunity. So glad you enjoyed the room, the food, the location. Hope to see you again soon.

Rich Casale

502 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed at the Westin Alexandria for two days over Christmas, as we've done for the past 4 years, while visiting family in the area. I love this hotel. We are always greeted with great courtesy by staff, from the front desk to bellmen to servers and the hostess in the restaurant. The rooms are extraordinarily comfortable and quiet. The restaurant menu has been changed to more casual fare since our last visit, and a broader selection of entrees would be welcome; however, we enjoyed our Christmas Eve dinner and two breakfasts in the hotel. We got a bargain price of only $79 per night by paying in full at booking, which is an absolute steal for a hotel of such high quality. We'll be back again next Christmas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

The Westin in Alexandria surpassed our expectations. Before arriving I called the front desk and asked if I could check in early because I wasn't feeling well. Robin answered and she allowed us to check in hours before the check in time so I could rest. When we arrived, she saw that I was in my pjs looking sick. She asked if I needed extra blankets or chicken soup. Without even asking, a beautiful bowl of chicken broth, crackers, oranges, ginger ale and tea was sent to my room. She even sent the sweetest get well card. Its usually very uncomfortable to be away from home when you're sick. Not at the Westin of Alexandria! The room, the service and the location are perfect. We will be loyal to the Westin on our upcoming trips to the area.

washington dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

If you have business at the Courthouse or at the United States Patent and Trademark Office, you could not be at a better location. The Metro is a 5-10 minute walk away if you want to go downtown; however, I didn't feel that comfortable walking from it late at night so take the hotel shuttle. The hotel itself was very pleasant and the staff were helpful. The gym has good equipment and the treadmills face the Courthouse so you'll have a view while running. The only thing that was problematic with my visit was that the water pressure in the room sink was so weak that I considered calling the front desk to have them address it (I didn't). Other than that everything with my visit was excellent. The room was very clean and comfortable. Very satisfied customer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the outside courtyard. I couldn't ever have my window curt...
Northern VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My husband I stayed here because we were going to a concert at the Birchmere and did not want to drive about an hour home after the show. Check in was very smooth and the front desk attendant was very nice. The room was nice. I wish they would have given us two robes in the bathroom instead of one. We had a king room. Nice area for happy hour. We would stay here again. We got a pretty good rate on priceline.com. $99

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I recently stayed at the Westin Alexandria for a conference and thought the hotel was in excellent shape and I had a really comfortable stay. Of course the beds were amazing (nothing comes close to a Westin heavenly bed!). The room was clean, the lobby and conference space was stylish and classy and all in all it was a great hotel experience! The fitness area was also really nice. This gets marked down one circle because I thought the rooms were a little noisy - I could hear the person sharing a wall with me one of the nights I was there. Additionally, it is not walking distance from King Street, which is the center of Alexandria. Those of you coming here by train and getting off at Union Station in DC, be prepared to pay a 40 dollar cab ride!

Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Westin Alexandria for one night recently because we attended a work holiday party in the hotel.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The building and hotel room are attractive. There's a very small gift shop in the lobby, but it is tiny and doesn't have much selection. It did have the necessities though, so I was able to pick up tooth paste and a tooth brush, which I forgot at home.

The bed was very comfortable, and we had a great view of a small park and the courthouse across the street. The bathroom was great with a big rainforest shower head and detachable shower heads, as well. There was a bit of a mildew smell in the shower, though.

We ordered room service for breakfast. It was very expensive. Note that they automatically charge both a service fee and tip to the room service checks.

My husband and I enjoyed the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Westin Alexandria? Share your experiences!