“shuttle service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Bethlehem, United States
“shuttle service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The web page said free shuttle to metro. Got to hotel and found out it was only on weekdays. Were given directions to metro but that isn't what we wanted. Everything else about the hotel was above average.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwmtv, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, I'm sorry you were disappointed in not having weekend shuttle service, since it's free to park on weekends and the station is fairly close we
think guests enjoy the freedom of selecting thier own schedule on weekends rather than the set pick ups we could offer. I do hope you'll consider staying with us again, the next time you are in the area

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Blanchester, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Great stay overall. The staff is extremely helpful. We used the hotel shuttle that ran back and forth to the Metro station, which is well worth it. We did 2 days of touring the DC area then 1 day at Mount Vernon, which is only a few minutes from the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwmtv, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience, we hope to see you again in the future
the next time you visit the DC area.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Good value, standard breakfast, bit far from Washington central, but overall a good decent hotel...worth staying here. Very spacious lobby, good size room and bathroom, fairly far from metro, standard strip mall type of shopping near by.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwmtv, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We strive to offer all our guest's a "Great Stay" I hope you'll come back and visit us again the next time you travel to the DC area
Purmerend, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

In June, I spent two nights in the Best Western. I travel quite often to the USA and I never had such a bad experience before. I had booked two rooms and requested the highest floor. when we arrived at 11.30 the lady at the lobby told me immediately that the check-in time was 3 'clock and not sooner. I was a bit suprised because my experience is that they welcome you when you want to check in. She didn't even welcome me it was her first sentence. I told her that I was a bit disappointed and I never experienced this before but I respect the rules of the hotel. She promissed me that our rooms were ready at 3 o'clock. When I came back the rooms were still not ready. At 15.20 we received the keys of the first room and I had to wait for the keys of the second room. I received the keys at 15.45 and we get the rooms on the lowest floor while I requested the highest floor. When I was in my room the room smelled horrible. Mold was growing and the room was very soggy. Since then I still have problems with my airways because I have asthma. When I wanted som soda all the vending machines were broken. So no drinks could be found in the hotel. The next day we had some breakfast, the bread was old and there was nothing refilled. There was no yoghurt eggs etc and when I asked the person who is responsible for the breakfast she didn't even speak english. She was standing there with her hands in her pockets and didn't do anything. We left the hotel at 09.45 and when we came back at 18.00 and we wanted to fresh up the rooms where not even cleaned. So I had to complain again and finally at 18.30 they cleaned our rooms. The people in the hotel were not nice and most of them did not spoke english. I complained to the manager and the only thing she did for use to reduce one night with 50 USD. From my opinion thi is not enough, when I wanted to speak with her again she was gone. Also, you cannot load your Phone or i pad because everything is old in that old (see picture). Again, terrible service and housekeeping and I will never stay in the Best Western again. I prefer the marriot or hilton much beter service than in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Perkasie, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

service help from counter at check in time was impolite, not professionally dressed and on his cell phone the entire time. vending machines were empty Morning breakfast area was dirty, food was cold with little to choose from

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwmtv, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
We'd like to appologize for the problems you experienced during your stay, they were certainly not the normal level of service. We were in the process of changing our vendor whom maintains and supplies our hotel vending machines. During the change process we did offer free bottled water at the front desk to all our guests.
We strive to offer a delicious hot breakfast to all, I'm not sure why it was not up to standards when you went for breakfast, we will certainly be evaluating your feedback.
I do hope if your in our area again yu will give us another try
Mt. Vernon/Fort Belvoir, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Nice place with friendly staff. It was a little tough to get in and out of the parking lot due to heavy traffic but that probably is the norm for the DC area. For what I needed it was an excellent choice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwmtv, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay, we hope to see you again in the future!
Belleville, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

They wouldn't let me check in early. Lots of kids visiting DC were at this hotel - they were up all night, loud in the hall, and calling my phone then hanging up. Not worth the lower rate. Go somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir? Share your experiences!