“Best Western Mount Vernon” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Philadelphia, United States
“Best Western Mount Vernon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Overall very good experience would stay again. if you have to go into DC park at the Franconia-Springfield Metro Station 4.75 per day. Use your GPS for directions Hotel directions were a bit of a challenge--had to stop for directions twice. With GPS it is an easy straight shot to the Metro

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was maybe a "get what you pay for" near Mt Vernon where we visited, however, one should be aware of the downfalls. Our room was dated and therefore didn't feel very clean - the drop ceilings in the bathroom and considerable spiderwebs added to the concern. A good deep cleaning of the room is in much need. Although it is a strict "no smoking" establishment, the hallway was very smokey in the morning.

Overall the staff seemed unattentive to both the guests and the property: unclean rooms, remote control with several non-working buttons, did not ask how our stay was upon check out, outdated menus for local delivery restaurants in the room, neglected to hold door open.

It was quiet and a quick five minute drive to Mt Vernon, but there are other nearby hotels that may be better.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
washington state
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel was very nice and the young man at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. We were on our motorcycles and he pointed out the most secure place to park and he had a wealth of information on where to eat. The room was beautifully appointed and clean. The breakfast would have been plentiful, but the kitchen staff was late and we did not have time to wait for all of the food to be set up. There was a nice large breakfast area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Lapeer, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The hotel was very nice! The only problems we reported were very minor. We reported the minor issues to make the next person maybe a little more happier. We will stay there again someday!!! The beds were the best!! Very quite room with the vey nice TV and Refrigerator for cold Be..I mean cold soda's! Truly enjoyed the whole stay there!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

West Seneca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and I were in town for our grandson's Christening and since the Godparents were staying with our son and daughter-in-law we decided to stay at this nearby Best Western Inn. What a great surprise. The front desk staff were helpful and couldn't do enough for you. The room was immaculate. Actually the entire inn was very clean and the exterior grounds very well kept. The best part was breakfast. They boasted about a hot breakfast and it was but what variety. They had not only the usual waffles but also scrambled eggs that were moist not dry. Bacon one day and sausage the next, home fries croissants and real butter. The lady that runs the breakfast did a remarkable job keeping everything filled and hot. The dinning area was also huge with many tables available. If we ever have to stay at a motel again while visiting it will be this one. All this and a really great rate too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Alexandria, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while visiting Mt. Vernon. First of all, it is very conveniently located to Mt. Vernon. Thi staff was very friendly & helpful & the room was very nice. We also ate the free breakfast & it was good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Summerfield, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

On a recent family vacation, in an idea to save a few dollars, I decided to try the Best Western so we could visit Mount Vernon. Let me explain that I usually only stay in Hilton Hotels.

I made the reservation on line based on the reviews of the property. I guess they experienced something other than I did.

First let me say that from no fault of Best Western traffic on I-95 was awful and istead of arriving at noon as expected to the area, we never got there till 3:30 pm. Now it was really too late to visit Mount Vernon as planned that day.

Upon entering the hotel, it was a dark reception area, you could see back to work area that was cluttered with work material and NO ONE WAS PRESENT. We stood there for almost 10 minutes before an employee showed up. We checked in and went up to the room (without our luggage). The room was a handicap room (which I immediatley said why would they give me this room, what if someone who is handicaped needed it). Then entering the bathroom, it appeared like it hadn't been cleaned, the tiolet wouldn't flush etc.

We went back down and I informeed the same employee about the tiolet, her response was what do you mean, the tiolets all work. Trying very hard not to appear frustrated I just stated well this tiolet isn't working. She did call someone to check it out, while saying right in front of me, well the lady says it doesn't work. Ok how professional was that?

We asked where we could find some restaurants in the area, which was provided to us. While sitting outside the hotel I became so upset over the condition of the room, employees etc my daughter went back inside and explained that we didn't want to stay and please refund our credit card.

According to the employee she was only able to credit our account half of the money, still charging $45.00 to my card because we said we didn't want to stay after what she called "the late check out time."

When you are traveling I guess I could have gone back in insisted to see the manager and question why this charge. However, I am writing to the corporation office of Best Western and asking the policy on this.

As we actually had planned on staying in the area, I was just I can't beleive this, what made me go from staying in a hotel chain that I know and like, to trying something else.

We did not stay in the area at all, but continued on our travel to New Jersey that night.

Room Tip: I think in the future if you haven't stayed at a particular hotel check out the room prior to pa...