“Very Happy with my stay, will be back!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #30 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
Lapeer, United States
“Very Happy with my stay, will be back!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The hotel was very nice! The only problems we reported were very minor. We reported the minor issues to make the next person maybe a little more happier. We will stay there again someday!!! The beds were the best!! Very quite room with the vey nice TV and Refrigerator for cold Be..I mean cold soda's! Truly enjoyed the whole stay there!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
West Seneca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and I were in town for our grandson's Christening and since the Godparents were staying with our son and daughter-in-law we decided to stay at this nearby Best Western Inn. What a great surprise. The front desk staff were helpful and couldn't do enough for you. The room was immaculate. Actually the entire inn was very clean and the exterior grounds very well kept. The best part was breakfast. They boasted about a hot breakfast and it was but what variety. They had not only the usual waffles but also scrambled eggs that were moist not dry. Bacon one day and sausage the next, home fries croissants and real butter. The lady that runs the breakfast did a remarkable job keeping everything filled and hot. The dinning area was also huge with many tables available. If we ever have to stay at a motel again while visiting it will be this one. All this and a really great rate too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Alexandria, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while visiting Mt. Vernon. First of all, it is very conveniently located to Mt. Vernon. Thi staff was very friendly & helpful & the room was very nice. We also ate the free breakfast & it was good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Summerfield, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

On a recent family vacation, in an idea to save a few dollars, I decided to try the Best Western so we could visit Mount Vernon. Let me explain that I usually only stay in Hilton Hotels.

I made the reservation on line based on the reviews of the property. I guess they experienced something other than I did.

First let me say that from no fault of Best Western traffic on I-95 was awful and istead of arriving at noon as expected to the area, we never got there till 3:30 pm. Now it was really too late to visit Mount Vernon as planned that day.

Upon entering the hotel, it was a dark reception area, you could see back to work area that was cluttered with work material and NO ONE WAS PRESENT. We stood there for almost 10 minutes before an employee showed up. We checked in and went up to the room (without our luggage). The room was a handicap room (which I immediatley said why would they give me this room, what if someone who is handicaped needed it). Then entering the bathroom, it appeared like it hadn't been cleaned, the tiolet wouldn't flush etc.

We went back down and I informeed the same employee about the tiolet, her response was what do you mean, the tiolets all work. Trying very hard not to appear frustrated I just stated well this tiolet isn't working. She did call someone to check it out, while saying right in front of me, well the lady says it doesn't work. Ok how professional was that?

We asked where we could find some restaurants in the area, which was provided to us. While sitting outside the hotel I became so upset over the condition of the room, employees etc my daughter went back inside and explained that we didn't want to stay and please refund our credit card.

According to the employee she was only able to credit our account half of the money, still charging $45.00 to my card because we said we didn't want to stay after what she called "the late check out time."

When you are traveling I guess I could have gone back in insisted to see the manager and question why this charge. However, I am writing to the corporation office of Best Western and asking the policy on this.

As we actually had planned on staying in the area, I was just I can't beleive this, what made me go from staying in a hotel chain that I know and like, to trying something else.

We did not stay in the area at all, but continued on our travel to New Jersey that night.

Room Tip: I think in the future if you haven't stayed at a particular hotel check out the room prior to pa...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Moncks Corner, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My family when to see the sites in DC. I found this place a inexpensive alternative to staying closer in town. If I had it to do a again I think I would have paid more for stay closer in. If you going to see Mt Vernon specifically then this might be okay. This is several miles to the metro and then it's the end of the line for the metro so you look at a ~25 min ride into DC from there.

They do offer a decent room for a great price. The Hotel itself is clean the staff was friendly enough. While this isn't in the worst area of town, it isn't anywhere great either. I did not feel to exactly comfortable out an about looking for a place to eat. The free breakfast was the usual fare, not great but good enough to get by.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Best Western - Mount Vernon is one of the best hotels in this area. They provide excellent rooms for a decent price. They are located about 10 minutes away from Fort Belvoir. The hotel clerk I constantly work with (Salmon) is an extremely friendly and professional person to deal with, he provides the customer service I look desire. This hotel is a 5 star military supporter and I recommend every drill to be booked here. For those trying to find a nice clean friendly hotel, look no farther. A++++++ for Best Western.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir? Share your experiences!