“nice and friendly stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
Alexandria, Virginia
“nice and friendly stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I checked in early that day and the lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. she is one of the nicest,professional front desk people i have ever spoke to. she helped me with directions and gave me a nice room #103. her name is Dalmeth. the breakfast was good. the area is not bad. the room was clean. I will definitely stay again at Best Western mount vernon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stay here. $79 a night, with tax my bill was 87.19. FULL breakfast buffet comes with the room. From Mt Vernon this is the CLOSEST. Leave Mt Vernon and go VA 235 South until you come to RT# 1 which is Richmond nighway. Make a right onto Richmond highway which is RT # 1 and a few hundred feet down the road you will see the Best Western. From the hotel to go to Arlington cem and Robert Lees house which is at Arlington, you ext the hotel and make a right on Rt# 1 North and go 12 Miles North. The front desk clerrk will give you a print out of directions from the book they have. They have extra copies for you. This hotel has FREE coffee 24 hours a day. I had a king size bed in my room and it was me and the wife. Everything was fine. Bed was comfortable

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Room was clean but pretty basic. Room could probably stand with some updating. Good value though for the price. When we arrived the front desk attendant was very friendly and nice. When we left the woman working the desk wasn't anywhere near as nice. Breakfast buffet was again pretty good for the price.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The stay was outstanding!!from the time we got there untill we left.Beds cleans and very Comfotable.Room was very clean,and up keep great.Miss Zaraleta know the area,she also recommend us where we could find great place to eat.The price was affordable.I will and stay here evertime we are in Mount Vernon/Wash DC area

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
CommentManager, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.
Killington, Vermont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Arrived at 5:30 am and checked out by 10 am. Too late to get breakfast unfortunately. Even coffee gone. Beds very comfortable; ample pillows. Clean room decor: usual chain style ie nothing unusual. Good location for shopping and finding attractions.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CommentManager, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for shring your comments. We're pleased you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel location convenient. We hope to see you again on a future trip.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Good location for those wanting to visit DC and don't mind driving downtown. Surprisingly decent hot breakfast (biscuits, eggs, gravy, waffles) and excellent service from the guy on the desk - I didn't get his name but he really helped us out.

• Stayed October 2012
Crowley, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I recently spent 5 nights at this property. I chose it because it was less expensive than the hotels in the DC area; and close by Mount Vernon. It was clean enough.... and we had a comfortable room with 2 beds, microwave/frig on the 1st floor. Staff was very friendly. I only ate breakfast there one day, which was "okay"...but we just ate what we brought with us the other days. It is only 4 or 5 miles from Mount Vernon, which was convenient. We drove into DC every day to see the museums, monuments, etc. The hotel was not in the "best" of areas and no one could recommend eating at any the restaurants nearby. We found a Chipotle several miles away in another town; and closer to Alexandria, we ate at Chili's. The restaurant at Mount Vernon was wonderful though (good prices for lunch...pulled pork b-b-q sandwich was very good and they had the best fresh melon/fruit I have ever had.) Dinner menu and prices were a little bit on the steep side though...but not any more so than the restaurants and places in DC. On a side note: I did laundry at the hotel (which was on the 3rd floor...and it was hot and had a strong odor that I couldn't determine whether it was from some type of Indian food or something else.) The other floors were perfectly fine though. Laundry was $1.25 load to wash and $1.25 load to dry. We were out being tourists so much during the day, and really only there to sleep - it was nice and quiet and comfortable enough - so fit our needs. If you don't want to drive into DC - they do have a hotel shuttle available most days that will take you to the bus line...although, we didn't do that. If you read somewhere that the hotel offers complimentary tickets to Mount Vernon (which also helped me decide to stay here)...they no longer do that. When I tried to use the internet, I kept receiving messages that it was not secure...so you might want to watch that. If I am ever in the area again, it would just depend upon whether or not I found a better option before I would decide to stay again or not. But compared to DC prices and the heavy traffic in Alexandria and DC area... those are things to consider as well...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir? Share your experiences!