“hotel staff were very frendly and helpful” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8751 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA 22309   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #29 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
herculaneum
“hotel staff were very frendly and helpful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

staff advised of good restaurant and travel from hotel to Washington DC

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
YourDCManager, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Dear gastman, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we are glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to accommodating you again.

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Best Western Mount Vernon the weekend of the Jon Stewart Rally to Restore Sanity, held on the Washington Mall in DC.

We were a little late in booking hotels in the city, but fortunately this one had a few rooms left, so we booked it right away. The price was extremely reasonable, and while it was a trek (about a 45 minute Metro ride from the end of the blue line) into DC, we were overall satisfied with our stay.

If you have a car, it is MUCH easier to get around - especially if you are planning to go into DC and Alexandria. The Franconia-Springfield Metro stop is about a 10 minute drive away, BUT has 8000 free parking spots. (The DC Metro is the best I've EVER seen - I highly recommend using it to get ANYWHERE).

Anyhow, the hotel itself is an older two star building. However, our room had some new upgrades. The carpet was recently replaced, and the bathroom had also recently been renovated. The drain in the tub was a little clogged, but that was my only real complaint about the room. We stayed on the first floor looking out onto Richmond Highway, so it was a little noisy, but not intolerable. The stay included a free buffet breakfast, which was pretty standard. The beds were comfortable and the room was a good size for two.

I would definitely recommend this hotel on a budget. Although it was kind of out in the middle of nowhere (there's not a lot to see on Richmond Highway), but the price was right, the staff were friendly, and the room was clean. (And the rally was awesome!)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during our Fall Vacation. We visited D.C., Alexandria and Mount Vernon. The hotel is old and run down. We made advance reservations and were told upon arrival before 6:00pm that we could not get our money back so we decided to go ahead and stay. The only thing good about this place was the bed and the front desk evening clerk. The plugs in the room didn't work and only one lamp worked. Our cell phone chargers would fall out of the plugs so we had to take turns charging our phones in the bathroom. The remote on the TV didn't work either. The breakfast is served in the basement and it was horrible! The room it was served in was dirty and the food was old and stale. We didn't eat it. This place needs to be torn down!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

I was working in the Washington DC area and needed a hotel. I had stayed at this hotel previously, but I did not remember anything about it. This was before I started writing revews on TripAdvisor. I needed an inexpensive room and although this one was $139 per night, it was one of the least expensive rooms I found in the area. The price had jumped significantly from my previous stay. Unfortunately, the quality of the hotel did not.

When I arrived, I immediately recognized it. It has a small entrance on Richmond Highway, which is easy to pass if you're not careful. The hotel is not walking distance to very much, so you will definitely need a car if you stay there. It is nowhere near the Metro, and the traffic to get to one of the stations is unbelievable.

The lobby was unmemorable. The hotel staff were competent, although every single one seemed disinterested in their jobs. Most nights, the evening clerk was sitting at the single computer in the business center surfing the web instead of standing behind the counter.

The room was average at best. I am a Best Western Rewards Diamond Member, so I've seen BW hotels all across the country. I'd put this one somewhere below the 50% mark as far as their hotels go. I'd probably rank it in the bottom 40-45%. It was clean, but that's about as far as I would go in complimenting it.

For $139 per night (plus tax), you should get a better hotel than this one.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Ulm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

We often slept at Best Western hotels so far, and this one was absolutely Best Western Standard. Room were comfortable, clean and spacious, staff very friendly and helpful and breakfast good (with waffle irons).
The hotel is situated about 10 mi from Washington DC centre and not far away from an outback restaurant and several shops.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Wellington, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

We recently stayed at the this property. We absolutely were thrilled. Our room was great.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

Staff was very helpful and friendly. Rooms extra clean and comfortable bedding. Breakfast was ok. Very convenient to Mt. Vernon...within 10min. Wireless internet worked great.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir? Share your experiences!