“Awesome Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Awesome Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We are visiting here from Atlanta, Georgia and we were pleasantly surprised by how good the food and service was at this quaint restaurant. The bruschetta was fresh and excellent, the Greek Style Shrimp Scampi was wonderful...don't miss this gem of a restaurant if you are in town!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Alexandria, VA
“A Disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This place is certainly an improvement of the previous occupants of the Pig, but we are not impressed by the food. The salad is tired as the entrees mediocre. The Greek chicken rice soup is actually good. It's located right in the neighborhood, but we really don't frequent it much.

Visited June 2012
Frisco, Texas
“A little bit of Greece”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We ate inside as there was the threat of rain. Rather than wait for a booth, we sat at a table near the door. The banging of the front door as the waiters went in and out to serve the patrons outside was ever so nerve racking. I left with a headache. Our waitress, who was from Russia, was delightful. The food was very good and we enjoyed every bit of it.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
USA
“Good Greek in a Geriatric Setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

As a big fan of the Dixie Pig and the proud owner of one of Clay Huffman's "Pigmentation on Powhatan" prints, I have always wanted to see what became of the old place. I knew that it was a Greek restaurant and I was looking for a little Greek nosh. My wife had the Greek salad - which was a little on the small side for the price (and the constituents), but the feta was good. I had the calamari, which was really well done, but they skimped on the marinara sauce.

The restaurant was packed - relatively early in the evening with what appeared to be all of the geriatric set in Alexandria. I didn't really think it was located in the middle of a retirement village, but it reminded me of eating at my parents' retirement home.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Busy on a weekday so it must be good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Went to this restaurant based on other reviews and was very happy with both the food and service. The place looks a bit run down but it's really not about the decor is it. Definately more locals then tourist here, which for me is always a positive. There were also a bunch of people picking up take-out which again is a postive for me.

• Visited July 2012