“Great Neighborhood Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cosmopolitan

Cosmopolitan
7770 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA 22306 (Huntington)
703 360 3660
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 623 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: European, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Huntington
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great Neighborhood Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We live very close to the Cosmopolitan and enjoy visiting. I've had lunch with girlfriends and dinner with family there. It's always a good experience. They are very friendly, courteous and go out of their way to make sure your dining experience is good. I particularly like their Bosnian Burger. It's huge and I usually take half of it home. The sauce on it is delicious. All in all, a great place to dine in an area where there is normally just chains and mediocre dining.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank sledgejoyce

Alexandria
“Excellent food at Cosmopolitan Grill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Went out with another couple. Food was wonderful, including the crepes desert. Had leftovers to take home.

1 Thank Treybo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Thanks for your suggestion TripAdvisor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

My daughter & son-in-law offered to take me out for Mother's Day and I decided to try a new place. This was ranked #3 out of over 600 in Alexandria. It's located in a shopping mall so I figured correctly parking would not be a problem.

It fondly reminded us of our time in Europe. Everyone was friendly and the food was exceptional. We'll be back I'm sure.

2 Thank JayneHikingAddict
Johnstown, PA
“Glad we went to Cosmopolitan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I decided that I wanted to go to Cosmopolitan after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. It was pretty easy to find based on the comments by others. There are several parking spaces reserved for the restaurant's customers. There were 4 people in our party, my husband and myself, our teenage daughter, and our friend. We arrived about 5 on a Thursday night and were seated quickly. The space was nicely decorated and had light coming in from outside. We were given the special bread and sauce, which I am not even going to try to spell. It was very good and refilled through the meal. We had a pleasant waitress. We all ordered non-alcoholic drinks. The iced tea was fresh brewed. We had an appetizer of tomato, basil, and fresh mozzarella, which was good and fresh. I had wiener schnitzel with salad and my daughter had wiener schnitzel and fries. The veal was cooked nicely, was pounded thin, and had a good flavor. The fries were nothing special, but the rest of us enjoyed the salad with the citrus vinegar dressing. My husband had the rolled veal and enjoyed that too. My friend liked her crab cakes. We were too full for dessert. This is a nice place for a special meal.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Vienna, Virginia
“Look what I found”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Read about Cosmopolitan in Trip Advisor and convinced another couple (life long friends) who also enjoy fine dining to give the place a try. We dined there on May 3, 2014 on a Saturday evening. Walked in without a reservation on a Saturday about 8:30 PM and the place was busy. We were given a table near the kitchen and it was a rather busy place to sit. Shortly after we had sat down and water was served, the manager came and moved us to a table nearer the center of the restaurant that had just been cleared and cleaned -- a real touch of customer service. The place is quaint, the chairs are very comfortable and nice, and wait staff extremely courteous, friendly, and professional. We were served a special type of bread which appeared to be a home made small round of bread that was delicious along with a feta butter. Three of us ordered the jager schnitzel, two with vegetables and one with a salad. The fourth diner had the regular weiner schnitzel with fries. I had requested spatzle as a substitute for veggies but was advised by our waitress that they had run out of spatzle ( a true indication that the spatzle is made in the kitchen and not from a box !!) so I settled for the veggies. The point in this is that the staff readily accommodates special requests for menu alterations. All of the schnitzels were really delicious and made from real fresh veal-- a rarity in most restaurants these days. The vegetables were grilled to perfection and included red bell peppers, potatoes, mushrooms, onions, and asparagus. My wife said her salad was good but had a tad more vinegar than she normally likes, however, she did bring it home and finished it later. (Perhaps a Bosnian influence with the vinegar). Our friends chose two different kinds of beers and really enjoyed them. As the designated driver, I had coke and my wife had her usual water. Due to the size of the entrees, we had to pass on the desserts. Cosmopolitan is a great dining experience and we will definitely return and, very likely, our daughters and their husbands will join us. Outdoor seating is limited to two tables on a sidewalk environment between Gold's Gym and an ice cream store. I believe that the tables are there for folks who come only for a snack or coffee or something quick. Overall-- a really great evening spent enjoying really great food !!!I I very highly recommend this restaurant and I am glad to see that Trip Advisor contributors find it to be as enjoyable as we did.

3 Thank armypilot