“Gem in Alexandria” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cosmopolitan

Cosmopolitan
7770 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA 22306 (Huntington)
703 360 3660
Neighborhood: Huntington
Seattle, Washington
“Gem in Alexandria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Great menu, it was a challenge to make a final decision. The beer and wine list was also satisfying and all prices were more then reasonable.

The Wiener Schnitzel I had was delicious. Tender, juicy, large - a perfection on a plate. It came with a generously sized salad, fresh and crispy. The Zlahtina wine I chose to accompany my entree was also delightfull.

Great dining experience. Highly recommend.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

95% Recommend
Annandale, Virginia
“A very popular local place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This little restaurant is next to the Gold's Gym, so a sort of odd location, but the decor and ambiance is that of any good restaurant. The wait staff is always delightful, and eager to make recommendations. The place is always packed.

I have been here a few times and each time I get the giant burger.. i don't remember the name, but it's almost like a meatloaf, but served with sour cream and onions. Delish! My mom especially likes the fish sandwich, which she gets everytime!

This is a nice neighborhood place to go for lunch or a nice dinner out. Not expensive, good astmosphere, and nice wait staff. We'll be back!

Visited November 2012
Washington, DC
“Worth Looking For This Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Solid Bosnian and Central European Food. The Grilled platter for 2 is a remarkable value (nothing is really pricey). You can also get your choice of schnitzel with a good German beer, or the delicious Bosnian sausages with lovely home-made rolls.

It has turned into a regular place for my family.

The family that runs this place takes a lot of pride in getting things right and it shows. I feel so much better giving my dining dollars to hard-working families like this one.

alexandria, va, usa
“Local gem of an ethic restauarant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband & I are Old Town Alexandria residents, and this is our favorite restaurant, taking both quality and cost into account. It is not located in Old Town; rather, it is about 6 miles down Route 1 (on the right going south, next to a Gold's Gym), making it difficult to reach for travelers without a car. It is owned & run by a Bosnian couple, and the husband is head chef. The meal starts with fabulous warm Bosnian bread (shaped like pita, but thicker) that is made daily & served with a spread that is a delicious mix of feta cheese, cream cheese & sour cream. Goulash soup is authentic and tasty; but, like the original, a thinner consistency than some might expect. Eighty percent of the time for our entree we order the best weiner schnitzel I've ever tasted, served with salad dressed with a homemade vinaigrette. The servings are very generous and service is attentive. It is best to make reservations, as the restaurant is relatively small and usually full from 6:00 on. Cosmoploitan is also open for lunch, when the Bosnian sausage is a deliciously good deal. The restaurant is closed Mondays.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia
“A nice meal before or after visiting Mt. Vernon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I used Trip Advisor to find a restaurant near George Washington's Mount Vernon estate. We stopped in for lunch just after they opened. As other reviewers have commented, the interior is much nicer than the non-descript exterior.

Our server was a pleasant young lady. I have a Bosnian friend who recommended I try some Ćevapčići. I ordered them in an appetizer with the ajvar spread and it was nice combination. I could have ordered a few more plates they were so delicious.

My wife had the Camembert Salad which came with a large amount of spring mix greens.

I ordered the Wiener Schnitzel with fries. A very large piece of veal and an abundant amount of fries.

If I lived in the area, I would definitely go back to try some of the other items listed on the menu.
Definitely recommend.