“Always Fresh & Tasty” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Alexandria, Virginia
“Always Fresh & Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

One of the places that we try to eat at when in Alexandria. It is not fancy but your food will always be prepared with fresh ingredients. Their turkey sandwich has thick slices of turkey breast and the onion soup is delicious. Their weekend Brunch is one of our favorites.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

northeast US
“it's no new jersey diner for sure”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My family went here for sunday breakfast while visiting relatives. We asked the server who claimed they were famous for the sunday buffet. We decided to give it a try especially since it was less expensive than the hotel where we were staying. The buffet had a decent assortment but nothing great..pretty typical stuff. Some thing had been clearly sitting out for a while and a film had formed on the top of the chafing pan. we did have a pastry which may be one of the best pastries i have ever had. i was excited for sausage gravy and biscuits which is not standard where i live. I unfortunately could not eat it it tasted so bad. Ultimately my family found enough food we liked but were not blown away. it was decent but not nearly as good as a typical diner in new jersey. staff was nice and the place seemed clean. nicely priced

• Visited October 2013
Lawrence, KS
“A breakfast tradition.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I always enjoy dining at the old town legend. Had Breakfast and enjoyed every bit. It is more formal than many places but the food and service were excellent.

Visited September 2013
“Cheap food- in all the wrong ways.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We had just checked in to a nearby hotel and needed a quick bite to eat. The place was hopping for a Monday night. They seemed understaffed with only one server running between what must have been 10- 12 tables. My husband ordered the spaghetti and meatballs and it came with one trip to the salad bar. "Only ONE trip down the line!" Muttered the server as if we didn't understand the first time she said it...? The spaghetti and meatballs were okay. No complaints but nothing stellar. It was served with one brick-hard, cold roll that was thrown on the table by the waitress at some point after all the food was delivered. I should mention though that the salad bar looked amazingly fresh. I later wished I had ordered it instead. I ordered the cheeseburger (medium well) and onion rings but was delivered a charcoal piece of hamburger meat that was bright pink in the middle on what would have otherwise been a delicious cheeseburger- the lettuce and tomato were fresh and they didnt skimp on any toppings. I was given French fries instead of onion rings but didnt say anything because they looked and tasted fine. My daughter ordered the chicken fingers and sweet potato fries which met all the expectations of a child's meal except it too was delivered with french fries instead of sweet potato fries. The lone server seemed rush and unwilling to please. The service lacked smiles and general friendliness, which is unfortunate. Overall a disappointing experience.

• Visited September 2013
Alexandria, VA
“Known for breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Although the restaurant is know for its breakfast, it was nothing I'd return for. The omelet & eggs on my friend's breakfast were dry; overcooked. Charged twice for her breakfast, we got that corrected. Had to hunt down a waitress to get a coffee refill. We'll try someplace else next time.

• Visited August 2013