“Great Tapas, Delicious Sangria” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Tasca

La Tasca
607 King St, Alexandria, VA 22314 (Old Town)
(703) 299-9810
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Tasca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 650 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Old Town
Transit: King Street Metro (Yellow & Blue Lines) Also, take advantage of the King Street Trolley, a free trolley from the King Street metro stop all the way to the harbor. We are located between Washington Street and St Asaph Street.
Description: La Tasca is a careful blend of everything about Spain—warm décor, authentic cuisine and friendly hospitality.With a combination of many tapas dishes, paellas, sangria blends and Spanish wines and beers, La Tasca has something for everyone.We strive to keep the Spanish culture and passion alive in our restaurants
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great Tapas, Delicious Sangria”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This place is great, really imaginative Tapas, a wide range of house-made sangria, and they have awesome deals if you sit at the bar. A great option, although I much prefer the bar ambiance to the restaurant. The restaurant is darker and more subdued, perhaps perfect for a date-night, but I tend to head there for drinks and a bite with friends.

Visited December 2012

Frederick
“Delicious Tapas, Fantastic Price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My fiance and I loved out dinner at La Tasca. We frequently dine at a tapas restaurant near our home in Maryland, and I must say that La Tasca is a much better value. Everything we ordered was delicious and the portion sizes were large for a tapas restaurant. We ordered most of our dishes off of the seafood menu - I highly recommend the seafood. The atmosphere was fun and low lit. Our server was attentive. Dishes came to the table relatively quickly. Great location. My only suggestion is that they expand their wine menu!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Alexandria, Virginia
“Excellent tapas and paella”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

A very popular spot that gets quite crowded and noisy, but the food is worth it. Service is friendly, and there is a very complete tapas menu. Paellas are excellent, and portions are abundant.

Visited November 2012
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“Great selection, can get pricey quickly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The dishes are mostly tapas, with the exception of the paella for two. The paella is highly recommended although will cost you. It also provides more than enough food for 2, could easily be split by 4.
The tapas are fine. Some are greasy or oily, some were dry, some were delicious. You really have to choose wisely and with so many options, I can't begin to note which are which here. Generally they do the meat dishes decently but for some reason they feel the veggie ones needed extra butter and oil to taste good. The sangria however is great and if you get a pitcher during happy hour is even better. A better place for happy hour than dinner.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Spanish food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I used to go to La Tasca in DC, and I loved it! And this time I was with my husband in Alexandria and we decided to try it for dinner. I have to say, despite the excellent service we received and the good tapas we had siting at the bar, we were upset because the hostess was very rude in telling us they didn't have more tables for all the night. If I don't know that La Tasca is a good restaurant, I would probably leave the place at that moment.

• Visited December 2012