“Best Thai in Old Town” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mai Thai

Mai Thai
6 King St, Olde Towne, Alexandria, VA 22314-3227 (Old Town)
703-548-0600
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: Old Town
“Best Thai in Old Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

As locals we have happily dined here many times and have compared many other Thai restaurants nearby. This is the hands down favorite. Great place to wind up after enjoying the many shops of lower King Street, Torpedo Factory Art Gallery, or the city dock and waterfront area. Appealing Asian ambience, reasonable prices, consistently good food, nice drinks menu, friendly staff, located right at the foot of King Street next to the boat club. Sidewalk seating in summer is good people-watching territory.

Visited January 2014

Seattle, WA
“Easily accomodated our group of 10”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Delicious Thai menu selections and well prepared dishes. They eaily accomodated our group of 10 (at the last minute), the service was great and the location beautiful.

Visited March 2014
“Worth the meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I were hosting friends from out of town. They wanted to try Thai food because they do not have it where they live. There was bad weather on this night and it was one of the few Thai restaurants open and had decent prices - it won out. The only thing lacking was the appetizers, I had the crab meat and spinach rolls and same with the dumplings. The sauce was sweet but the rolls themselves were bland. I had the pad wee that was good. Our one friend had the pad thai and that was good, not great and not terrible. My wife enjoyed her tom yum soup. Our other friend got the best meal, I can't remember the name but it starts with an M. It's a coconut curry type of entree. She let me try some and it was full of flavor, by far the best dish. This place is worth the visit, especially for first time Thai eaters. Also, try not to be too critical of the wait staff. They are nice but not necessarily as attentive as Americans would prefer. It's hard to work in an atmosphere where they(the wait staff) are familiar with but with clientele that are not. In sum, would I return yes but would I go out of my way to eat here - no.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best Pad Thai in VA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I visited here for a lunch date and had a great experience. The Pad Thai was the best I've had since moving to the VA area. I had the Lychee martini which is a much try. The veggie spring rolls were a great appetizer and I ended with the Pad Thai.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“So Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

This place has THE BEST thai food I have ever had. I have gone here several times and have never had a bad meal. The service is always spot on and so is the food. Fast, efficient, and tasty. All of the food seemed very fresh.

Can't wait to go back in a couple weeks!

The only bad thing is the parking but that's a problem for the whole Old Town Alexandria area.

• Visited August 2013