“The highlight of my holiday!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 69 things to do in Alexandria
More attraction details
Owner description: Alfred Street is among the oldest African American Baptist Churches in America, celebrating its bicentennial in 2003.
Somerset, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“The highlight of my holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2015

Thank you to Pastor Wellesley and his congregation for making us feel so welcome and for encouraging us to be part of a wonderful service. No words can really say how special this was to my son and me - simply thank you for embracing our presence.

Visited December 2014

Virginia
“Great Historic Church”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2014

The pastor is excellent. They offer a Saturday service at 6pm which i love because as a flight attendant i work alot of sundays. Nice big church and everyone is friendly. Im not from this area so this is my go to church away from home.

Visited November 2014
Windsor
11 attraction reviews
“Historical African-American Church”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014

This was my second visit to Alfred Street Baptist Church. It is a spiritual, dynamic, proud, progressive, historical, impressive, warm and beautiful church. Alfred Street has a proud history in Alexandria. The congregation has been really warm and welcoming each time I have visited. I could tell the congregation cares for each other and work together to make their church successful in all its ministries/missions. It would be my choice to attend if/when I am in DC/Northern VA for a visit and looking for a church.

Visited September 2014
Alexandria, Virginia
22 attraction reviews
“Dynamic Pastor, excellent choir”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I used to attend this church years ago until they had several interim pastors. In the past year I have gone back to visit several times. The pastor has always had a great sermon. All the choirs are fantastic. Your soul will certainly be fed here and this is a teaching church with something for everyone.

Visited April 2014
Chicago
1,400 reviews 1,400 reviews
349 attraction reviews
“Alfred Street Baptist Church traces its origins to 1803”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

My wife and I visited Alfred Street Baptist Church while taking a guided tour of Old Town Alexandria. This historic church itself is beautiful and located in a nice area. Alfred Street Baptist Church traces its origins to 1803, during the period when Thomas Jefferson served as the third president of the United States.

Visited August 2014