“plenty of southern food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Fleetwood, PA
“plenty of southern food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Wonderful jambalaya pasta with great cajan cream sauce on pasta (not sure about pasta instead of rice, but it was wonderful!) Tuna with remoulade, collard greens (even had the bottle of vinegar over hot peppers to sprinkle over it), mashed regular and sweet potatoes with cheese sauce was overwhelming--a large portion which could have fed 2-3 with my appetite. We shared a bread basket: wonderful corn bread, sweet potato biscuit, but regular biscuit surprisingly tough. Redeeming feature was excellent peace hot pepper jelly--available for purchase, which we did. Nice staff. Street parking.

Visited May 2013

79% Recommend
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Yummmmmyyy...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

As someone who has never been to this restaurant, I was thoroughly impressed. Its menu is a combination of my two favorite foods- southern cuisine and seafood. I didn't get a dessert but the options looked amazing. Can't wait to go back on my next visit!

Visited May 2013
Washington, DC, USA
“Great find while my kitchen was out of commission!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This place has all the ingredients of a great neighborhood restaurant -- good bar food, friendly bartenders and terrific happy hour specials. I got to know it recently while my kitchen was undergoing a major rennovation, leaving me no choice but to eat out or carry out every night. Well my kitchen is done and I'm still a Southside regular. This is the kind of place that a female solo diner can feel completely comfortable in and I have to say, I got to meet some very nice and friendly patrons also dining alone at the bar. Stop by sometime and say 'hi"..

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Plantation, Florida
“Charming, tasty, local find - thanks to Trip Advisor reviews!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful find! Checked Trip Advisor looking for somewhere with good fresh fish and other tasty options - found this charming local restaurant and were very pleased! We were not interested in all the Southern fried specialties (though they looked good on others plates) and opted for daily special of salmon on fettucine, with sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke, and mushrooms. Marvelous, yummy, intriguing. Sat outside at a quaint little table (admittedly with some noisy traffic), but good service, easy parking, reasonable prices made this a great dining experience after a hard day of sightseeing. Try it!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The best kept secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This quaint resturant is amazing..... I've been living in Alexandria and just discovered this gem. I've taken friends to visit this best kept secret in the local area. The food and service is amazing.... never had a bad experience. I have to share this so others can know what I do.... Great food for the money.....

• Visited February 2013