“Great food....horrible service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Flying Fish - CLOSED

Flying Fish
815 King St, Ste A, Alexandria, VA 22314-3031 (Old Town)
703-600-3474
Neighborhood: Old Town
EVERYWHERE
“Great food....horrible service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Great sushi, I go here every time that I am in the DC area. Unfortunately, this last visit, the food was again top notch, but we had maybe the worst service ever.
This was all one waiter:
A. Didn't think that everyone needed a menu or a sushi order paper. We had to share. There were seven in our party, but he only gave us four menus and 5 of the sushi cards.
B. Didn't think that everyone needed a bread plate. Five of us had bread plates.
C. Obviously felt that 10 minutes between ordering a drink and getting the drink was a proper amount of time.
D. And there was much...much more.
But the bottom line is the sushi is great. Except for this last trip, we have always had very good service here. All seven of us were very happy with the food. We will all go back every time we are in town, and I bet that the incompetent waiter will be long gone.

Visited June 2013

Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
“Good Karaoke”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We here last night for some karaoke fun. Got there at 12:30 and the sheet was already complete until 2am :/. So go early if you want to drunk sing. The bar was decent slow because of crowd but good. I would go back.

Visited June 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Excellent food, fairly priced for the location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Highly recommended by the Marriott people, so we tried it. The variety of seafood dishes and sushi was extraordinary. We had the seafood combo and seafood shepard's pie. Both were outstanding in taste and quantity, although the Italian stuffed clams in the combo were too chewy . The price was reasonable for the quality, selection and location (around $20 per entre). Especially good was the happy hour special 5-7, bottle of wine for half price.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
washington, DC
“Beware”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I'm sorry but my office shares an alley with this restaurant and I see their fish dropped off in the morning and it sits a long time before anyone arrives to being it inside. Yuck. Beware

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Good fish & sushi place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I ate here with a colleague, and we both enjoyed our dishes very much. I tried the small plate with the spicy tuna and avocado, and the grilled salmon, both were excellent I ended up licking my fingers and cleaning the plate.
They also have a nice variety of beers. The waiters were kind and food came quickly enough.

Overall a good experience that I would recommend. Be warned however, the price is a bit on the high side.

• Visited April 2013