“Good Brunch” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Warehouse Bar & Grill

Warehouse Bar & Grill
214 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 (Old Town)
703 683 6868
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Warehouse Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 597 Restaurants in Alexandria
Good for: Large groups, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: So. Fairfax
Transit: Free Old Town Trolley - From King St Metro to Lee Street. Metro bus and Dash Bus stops along King Street
New York
“Good Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was walking around Alexandria with my mom and friend and we were starving. We saw this place and figured it looked good, especially since they were still serving brunch. The service was nice and we were seated right away. I had the crab cake eggs benedict, my friend had an egg platter and my mom had the pulled prok sandwich. We all loved the food and were stuffed when we finished. I would go back again next time I'm down that way.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

UK
“Not as good as expected...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We have been to Alexandria a couple of times before but this one was recommended by a friend. I have to say that there are better places, no doubt at better prices as well.
One of the other reviewers, threekittyinn, had an almost identical experience in that the server was virtually incomprehensible - no doubt English was his third language, but that doesn't help when trying to understand what is on offer.
The food was alright, but nothing special. $80 for a one course lunch for three, two glasses of wine and a beer wasn't good value either.
We were also sat at the back "in the walkway" so didn't feel anything special about the place.
Somewhere better next time please.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Weston, Florida
“Perfect Downtown Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My family and I spent a few days in Olde Town Alexandria recently and had lunch at the Warehouse bar and Grill and it was an outstanding experience. We sat outside at the curbside tables and enjoyed the lovely weather and the delicious food. The service was great and the food was very good. I had the pulled pork sandwiched called "The John West, Jr" and it was delicious with tender pork and a tangy bar-b-que sauce and my wife's salad was outstanding, also. The Warehouse Grill is in a great location in the middle of downtown Olde Town and it will become a new favorite spot for our trips to the DC area.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ventura, California
“good food, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Nice open floor plan, upstairs, a balcony that looks out on the main street (King) but not alot of tables out there. full bar, but kid friendly. It could get noisy when full. The prices are resonable. We both had fish, I had salmon, well prepared, not raw but not dry. Our server was friendly and the service was timely. I suspect that it might get a little rowdy later at night and might attract a younger crowd, (20 - 30) but this is just a guess as we ate at about six.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gloucester, Virginia
“Wanted it to be as good as the pictures!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Looking for a special meal and nice atmosphere but didn't quite make it. Ordered the filet and mashed potatoes over asparagus. It was good but not great. We were seated in a dark back room where we felt like we were in the walkway. There are so many more places with good food and atmosphere. My husband had the same thing and didn't eat it saying it tasted like liver. The server was pleasant but very hard to understand.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere