“Delicious!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #86 of 650 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Beauragard St.
Valley Stream, New York
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We ate there two nights in a row. The food was delicious. It was not overpriced the way hotel restaurants can often be and there were all different price points depending on your mood and pocket. Service was a little slow but we often have to remember to slow down when we are outside of NY!

Visited April 2014

Arlington, Virginia
“Consistently unimpressive food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

My company sends me here when we take candidates to lunch. They pay. I get my money's worth. I don't recall food I'd rate better than 3. Today's Virginia Ham panini was just horseradish. The meat in the burgers is second-rate. The salads are unexciting. The fries are ordinary.

On the plus side, the atmosphere is fine for conversation. The service is always good.

I suppose I should mention that I don't eat sushi. I have never tried their extensive menu.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Glad we ate there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

My wife and I attended a weekend dance event at the Hilton Mark Center where this restaurant is located. At first, we considered going out to a local restaurant but after dancing all day the first day we decided to stay in the hotel and eat at Finn And Porter and we are really glad we did. Although everything on the menu looked absolutely delicious, we both chose the buffet and once again, we're glad we did. There was a wide variety of offerings ranging from salads to desserts and everything we tried was simply wonderful. So much so that although the event lasted three days, we enjoyed the restaurant so much that we saw no point in going elsewhere the entire time we were there.

As to the service, it was excellent. Our server, George, was terrific and as luck would have it, he was on duty each time we ate there. Of course we came to recognize each other and it just added immensely to our dining experience. The festival we attended is held annually at the Hilton Mark Center and largely due to George and Finn And Porter we're looking forward to going next year.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I've stayed at Hilton Mark Center quite a few times, so have had mostly everything on the menu. The breakfast is typical buffet with some fruit, scrambled eggs, good bacon, and sometimes biscuits & gravy. Lunch is a buffet. I don't particularly like their cheeseburger, but others I've talked to have enjoyed it. The sushi at dinner is good.

Visited December 2013
Sao Paulo, SP
“Hilton Alexandria - Finn and Porter restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

An excellent breakfast and amazing dinning options. The continental breakfast is has several fresh fruits, in addition to the 3 hot food options, and large variety of breads.
Dinning is also good! Their pasta is quite good indeed and if you are a beer lover you should try their gingered beer.

Visited November 2013