“So good we went twice! ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Austin Grill

Austin Grill
801 King St, Alexandria, VA 22314-3016 (Old Town)
703-519-8969
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #146 of 650 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Old Town
“So good we went twice! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Austins is a great place to sit and unwind after a day of sight seeing with a good cold drink and great food. We sat upstairs so we were able to look out over King Street, open air was cool and not stuffy. We happened to go during happy hour so the drinks were reasonable price. Chips and great salsa was never ending. Our servers were friendly and helpful constantly filling our water and refills on the kids drinks and our food was superb! In fact, it was so good that we returned a few days later for another great dinner!

Virginia
“beautiful remodel but with disappointing service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Austin Grill was always a family standard given their laid-back kid friendly attitude. Recently, this site went through a renovation which was done really well. However the restaurant no longer seems to target our family centered interests. It's now gone high-end tequila bar and eliminated some of the kid-friendly specials. Veggie and fish options have also changed (not to our preference). Finally, our server mangled my kids order (how hard is it to get a chicken/cheese quesedilla with corn on the cob side) and acknowledged that the place was so loud she couldn't even hear (yes, very loud). So this may be great for tequila drinking hipsters but it's now off of our list. Sad...

Visited May 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Yes please!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Had steak fajitas, wings for appetizer, and chips and salsa. Those wings were excellent, wish I had more RIGHT NOW. Salsa was amazing, best ever. Fajitas were good.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“So Good! Great Service and Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

OMG - I wish I could go there now. Austin's was great. Their chicken wings appetizer was AWESOME! Get them original - as the habanero sauces was too hot and their BBQ sauce was horrible. (you can get both on the side if you like so you can dip at your leisure!) Boyfriend had the combo fajitas (chicken/steak) which came to the table sizzling like fajitas should. I had the BBQ combo (brisket, ribs, fried chicken) with fries and cornbread. Chicken was a little on the burnt side. Ribs were good as was the brisket. Next time I will ask for no BBQ sauce. I'm from Kansas City- and I know BBQ. Their BBQ sauce was not good.

Our server was very helpful.

I also had the BEST DAMN MARGARITA. It was the best damn margarita. Absolutely delicious!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lisbon, Portugal
“Great Food and excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We went for a family lunch with my 3 years old. The food was amazing, I had enchiladas and the guys had ribs. Everybody loved it. My boy had a hamburger and it came very well done, the burger had to be redone 3 times but the patience, kindness and attention of the waitresses was outstanding. That alone made up for the "burned" burger. And again, the food was excellent!!

• Visited April 2014