“Not impressed at all” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Alexandria, Virginia
“Not impressed at all”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I've been wanting to visit this nearby place for weeks now. It's always crowded, and reviews were good. Finally we went this evening, and walked away quite disappointed. As usual, it was very crowded, and we got the last available table.

First disappointment was the chips and salsa. The chips were straight-out-of-the-bag grocery store quality, not heated, and a little on the stale side. The salsa was flavorless. (When compared to Los Tios just up the street, I wonder how they can get by with this.)

Prices are reasonable for the area, and we got two orders of tacos al carbon -- chicken and pork. It took a LONG time for the food to come.

The entrees were just barely okay. Flour tortillas were significantly smaller than what I'm used to getting with tacos al carbon. Food was well seasoned, though I found the pork dry. Pepper and onion mixture was good and rice was quite good. However, the food was not piping hot when it arrived, and by the time I finished, the last portions were quite cold.

Quite a few flies buzzing around. Noise level was high, which was to be expected with such a full house and tight quarters. Likely I won't be a repeat customer, though I do wonder what keeps the place so crowded all the time.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Alexandria VA
“Great tacos!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

The service was good, and I liked the tacos, rice, and beans. Only wish they had flavored margaritas. Very small.

Visited June 2012
“Good place but not real mexican”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

If you are mexican then you'll be very disappointed to see the "tacos al carbon" made with flour tortillas hahahahhahaa but the "crispy taquitos" that I know as 'Flautas' are good, I haven't tryied all the menu yet but I would give it a second chance ;)

Manassas, Virginia
“For someone who generally doesn't Love Mexican food...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I love eating here. The menu is simple, the specials are always tasty and the food is extremely fresh. Highly recommend a margarita and a taco or two!

Trip advisor asks for the time of your visit -- I've been eating at this great restaurant on average once a month for more than 5 years!

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I grew up in San Diego, and I LOVE this place. They are friendly - the food is great, and in general is just such a nice place to hang out. The weekend bruch is also a SLAM DUNK! We love it!

Visited April 2012