“Below Average Taste” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Fish Market Restaurant

Fish Market Restaurant
105 & 107 King Street, Old Town, Alexandria, VA 22314 (Old Town)
(703) 836-5676
Neighborhood: Old Town
Canada
“Below Average Taste”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We went to the Fish Market In Old Alexandria. We had calamari and crab cakes for an appetizer. The calamari appeared to be a frozen product, chewie ,not fresh and deep fried. The crab cakes were okay. I had the linguini with clams, calamari, shrimp and mussels. The seafood tasted chewie and overcooked. The garlic and white wine sauce was bland and lacked any flavor. I think I was spoiled
as I returned from Greece and Italy and had the best seafood ever. My wife ordered the fresh lobster and my son ordered the crab legs. The food is below average quality and the bill was expensive I would not recommend. I am sure there are better seafood restaurants in the area.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

oklahoma
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

While I loved the atmosphere and history of the building, I was not impressed with my clam chowder. It was tasteless and no amount of salt and pepper seemed to help. My friend who lives nearby enjoys coming here so next time I will take my cue from her and order what she recommends.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Palmetto, Florida
“Nice ambience but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

My family and I had lunch here. I ordered a dozen oysters on the half shell, hand selected by the chef. But the size of the oysters was about the size of my thumb nail. The avocado crab stuffed appetizers were very good. I felt for the money we spent this could have been a better experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sugar Hill, Georgia
“If you love cold beers...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We ate here after a long day touring DC. My nephews were very excited for seafood. The food was just okay. The service was good and the beers were cold so I guess I can't complain there!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Hartford, CT
“Decent but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I enjoyed my dinner here, but the menu seemed a bit limited to fried foods rather than great seafood (although they did have an extensive raw bar, of which I do not partake). I have the crabcakes, which were good. I was really hoping for clams casino, but they couldn't do them. I ended up getting a salad to avoid getting a meal that consisted solely of fried food. Overall, it was decent, but it seemed basically like a tourist joint. There was a small place just up the block on King St that I would have liked to try instead.

Visited June 2013