“First Visit To The Wharf.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wharf Restaurant

Wharf Restaurant
119 King St, Alexandria, VA 22314-3207 (Old Town)
703-836-2836
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Wharf Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 651 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Old Town
Transit: Free trolley from Metro stop to the Wharf and transit stop 1 block from restaurant.
Gloucester, Virginia
“First Visit To The Wharf.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We usually visit the Chart House but decided to give this place a try. Had to try the lobster. Not big on ordering lobster out but trip advisory ranked this restaurant pretty high. It was good but felt like I was wrestling with my food. It was hard to crack. Usually they have cracked it ahead for you. The shell was almost rubbery and wouldn't crack. So I would recommend the half lobster served with a cream and tomato sauce. It wasn't as hard to eat and it was excellent over spaghetti. The lobster flavoring the sauce felt like you had more lobster. The service was ok not really friendly. We also got the creme brulee.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Alexandria, Virginia, Usa
“SPECTACULAR SEAFOOD? Ahh, not so much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I like the location and ambiance of this restaurant. I can see why people flock to this place, the building is historic and it's in Old Town (doh).

The food is just average though. I had the raw oysters and scallops wrapped in bacon for appetizer. For my main course, I had the cod and my husband had the fried seafood platter. I have nothing bad to say but I have nothing great to say either. It is only ok.

Same goes for the service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Caulfield, Australia
“At least we were out of the rain”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

What an unmemorable meal. I had been wanting to try Lump Crab Cakes since arriving in Washington DC a few days earlier. They sounded really tasty and full of texture. They weren't. I'm not sure if that was just this meal or the crab cakes in general. My wife had a forgettable salad. The service was perfunctory, as if we were more of an inconvenience to the restaurant for walking in for lunch at 1.45pm. The restaurant itself was dark.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ramsey, New Jersey
“The Whart Restaurant Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I was going to Washington D.C. every two months on business with some government Agencies. I usually stayed at a hotel in Old Town Alexandria, a day before my meetings. I usually dined at the Wharf Resturant with some of my business clients that resided in the area.

The resturant has a upstairs dining room that is perfect for a quite dining experience. Service is great and it was one of my many great dining experience. Any item on the menu is excellent. There are numerous specials every day and I found it to be a great way to experience new ways of having a great meal in a way that I am not use to. If you are staying in Old Town Alexandia, VA. this place I would recommend to you to have dinner at.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
dubai
“Excellant food in old town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

After a river cruise from DC I decided to treat my wife and cousin to a special meal. We did some quick reviews and decided on the Wharf. Between the three of us there were lots of food intolerance issues such as lactose, alcohol, etc. But we managed to select a few dishes for sharing. We got the Thai curry and Arugula salad as starters and as main dishes we got the Cashew crusted Mahi tuna, the grilled bronzino and the pan roasted cod. I must say each dish was a treat, all the ingredients were fresh, cooked to perfection and had distinctive character. The portions were good. The service was a little slow and distracted but otherwise a vibrant place with great food. A great ending for a beautiful cruise. The bill was very reasonable ($118.53 including a ginger ale but before the tip).

• Visited May 2014