“Classic Italian and Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Il Porto

Il Porto
121 King street, Alexandria, VA 22314 (Old Town)
(703) 836-8833
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Porto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 651 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: N.Lee
Transit: King Street Metro stop, about 16 blocks away from the restaurant. Free Trolley shuttle from King Street Metro to the restaurant
Description: When you think Italian ...Think IL PORTO!! Old Town"s First Italian Restaurant in the Heart of Old Town's Historic Seaport District. Serving Fine Italian Cuisine since 1973. Let the Italian flag wave you into the restaurant and soon you'll discover why we have so many satisfied customers around town and around the globe.
Columbus, Ohio
“Classic Italian and Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We enjoyed the best dining experience of the year so far at il Porto. 1st level was closed, so we dined on the second level ... Not sure what to expect. Had a nice Montepulciano wine followed by a refreshing salad and entrees that ranged from traditional pasta, to seafood pasta, to a delightful salmon. Finished with classic Italian deserts ... Capped with great service, the entire experience took us back to Italy and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Visited March 2013

Delden, The Netherlands
“Perfect place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The restaurant is situated in king street in a house built by a sea captain in the 18th century. The service was great and the food as well.

Visited March 2013
Springfield, Virginia
“Best lasagna to date!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I passed over one of our favorite restaurants to give Il Porto a try and we were not disappointed! The building itself is charming, a theme upheld by our waiter. We very much enjoyed our wine and the lasagna we chose to split. I think I'll pass on the antipasto next time, though.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Family favorite for generations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

At this point, Il Porto is famous in my family. It's been a family favorite for three generations now, and is the place my grandmother and I go time after time to catch up. The Italian food you can get here is incomparable. I've never had a bad meal. The cream sauces in my favorite dishes are rich, luxurious and filling without being overwhelming. The little place has a great atmosphere, whether you sit upstairs under the dark wood-beamed ceiling or in the brick-lined downstairs at the charming wooden tables. The service is always friendly and warm. I've been going to Il Porto for family gatherings since I was a kid, and I know I'll continue to go for years. Going here is like going home, except the food's even better.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ft. Wayne, IN
“Absolutely Wonderful--Like going 'home' to great Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Not only was the food delicious at this wonderful little Italian place, but the staff was second to none--even the Manager came by our table and talked to us, like we were old friends he had not seen in a long time. When back in Alexandria, we will definitely stop in, like eating at a great Italian home!

• Visited March 2013