“WONDERFUL Meal!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vermilion Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 650 Restaurants in Alexandria
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fayette St.
Transit: King St. Metro Station Using the King Street Trolley, get off at the Fayette St. Stop coming in either direction.
Description: Vermilion features Chef William Morris' menu of Contemporary American cuisine. Complimenting Chef Morris' menu is Vermilion's wine list, named one of the top wine lists in the country by Restaurant Hospitality Magazine. Combining a charming location in Old town Alexandria with stylized design and atmosphere, Vermilion represents a bit of downtown sophistication: from the exposed brick in the upstairs dining room to the overstuffed pillows in the lounge downstairs, Vermilion holds something for all tastes.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“WONDERFUL Meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2008

Went to dinner at Vermilion on Friday, Feb 8th. Hubby and I started with the roasted olives. They were excellent - good quality olives served warm with pita bread slices; nice touch. We both had the butternut squash soup; again, excellent, not cloyingly sweet as so many restaurants tend to do with this style of soup - just flavorful.
I had the "lasagna" which is a vegertarian dish and this was very good. Hubby had the tuna and it was done to perfection. We both raved about the fact that every dish we ordered was so wonderful. This along with the fact that the (manager, maybe?don't think he was a sommelier) was helpful in our selection of wine for the evening. Larkin Cab Franc 2004 proved to be just what we were hoping for.
We eat at many fine restaurants around the states, i.e. NYC, San Fran, etc. and have high expectations when dining out.
We were thrilled with the quality and creativity of Vermilion. Kudos to the chef and kitchen for turning out this level of food!
We'd definitely recommend this restaurant to others and we look forward to our return!
p.s. Although we didn't make a trip to the bar; we will next time when visiting. It has great lounge chairs, the atmosphere is cozy while at the same time exuding energy - a good scene!

Arlington, Virginia
“Great food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2008

Being a local, this is one of my favorite places to go out. I have never had a bad meal and the service is always very good. The menu is interesting and the atmosphere is warm. I always recommend it to friends. Great place!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“consistently a good pick, with a cool bar as well.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2008

consistently a good pick, with a cool bar as well.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The night I went to dinner here, I felt the chef was overly ambitious in the "tasting menu". It just didn't...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2008

The night I went to dinner here, I felt the chef was overly ambitious in the "tasting menu". It just didn't come off well at all. However, I will try this restaurant once more and perhaps improve my review.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I have been just once but I can't remember a thing about it.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2008

I have been just once but I can't remember a thing about it.