“Good for Lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 648 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery
Cary, North Carolina
“Good for Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Large restaurant with nice decor. Lunch about $10. The shrimp with Vegetables and Bean Curd with Vegetables were both good: broccoli crisp, brown sauce tasty. Shrimp were large and tender with good flavor. They serve brown rice. Food could have been hotter.

Columbia, South Carolina
“Very good food and conspicuously excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

This restaurant is situated in a strip shopping center and has a very unassuming storefront. I was a bit skeptical when my friend and guide-for-the-day told us that a lunch stop there would yield a memorable meal, but it did. I had a spring roll appetizer and a bowl of minced chicken and corn soup to start things off. Both were delicious, though the soup was a tad too sweet for my taste. The cashew chicken, reasonably priced at $7.50, was very good.

We received conspicuously excellent service. This is one of those places where the uniformed wait staff doesn't disappear into the kitchen for lengthy periods, but instead stands to attention and constantly looks to diners’ needs so they can promptly attend to them. There was absolutely nothing to complain about.

House of Dynasty is a first-rate Chinese restaurant. I’d love to have one just like it near my house.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
The Villages, Florida
“Why the Rave?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I don't understand why many of my friends rave about this restaurant. I think the food here is overrated. I am not saying it is bad but I can say I can get similar or better food at some of the take out I know. Ambience is nice and the service is quite good but as the few times I tried, I have I had better food elsewhere. But,, I know many seems to like this place. Confused.

Visited April 2014
Washington, DC
“Great General Tso's Chicken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We love their General Tso's and the fried meat dumplings. We don't eat here as often as we have in the past when we lived in Kingstown but it is the best General Tso's we have had in the DC area.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fairfax, Virginia
“Once a good restaurant, not any more”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

A few days ago we went for Dinner - weekday. We knew this Restaurant from way back in time and is was recommendable. Sadly not any more. The Restaurant- dining-room is acceptable clean. The food is the dilemma: we had two different orders, one beef/green pepper, one cashew chicken: both dishes were looking and tasting very oily. The beef was sliced thin - a layman could not even make out if it was beef (and if, which part) ? The chicken came in a variety of crumbles and pieces with gristle, we could not make out which part these little (leftovers, cuttings?) pieces came from. I am afraid this restaurant uses prepackaged and maybe preprocessed food, heats it up and tosses the requested sauce over it. That may explain the bland taste we both experienced.

• Visited March 2014