“Atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Melbourne, Australia
“Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This was a great night out, the pub had plenty of atmosphere, good value meals and drink, we were in a large group, so we were seated up stairs, it was a very crowded place, but the service was superb.

Visited July 2012
murphysparties, General Manager at Murphy's Grand Irish Pub, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Hello MitchMitch22,

I want to thank you for your visit to Murphy's Irish Pub.

I am truly happy that you enjoyed your time here and that the atmosphere you felt was to your liking. The service, along with our food, is a large part of why we continue to be successful and we would not be here without our wonderful customers, so thank you.

Hopefully if you ever find yourself in Alexandria again, i can have the pleasure to meet you face to face and thank you in person.

Kenny Mitchell. General Manager, Murphy's Irish Pun

Orlando
“Hard to Hear, Typical Pub, Cramped”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I don't know that this is any place to write home about.
The service was good, the bar was always busy, and the music was definitely LOUD!
That is actually why we left, it seemed cramped, and the one man band, continued to whail music that no one had ever heard of and was so loud that I was getting hoarse just talking to friends. When we went to stand up and "mingle" around the bar, there was NO SPACE, you have to trade places with someone and are screaming SORRY! to prevent spilling your beer on them, and to ensure they hear you over this deafening music.
Maybe try going there when there isn't live music, we went on a Saturday night.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Fun and good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

I go to Alexandria once a year and I like to try new restaurants but always go back to Murphy's. Everything I've had there is great, especially the fish and chips and any of the Irish entrees. Atmosphere is great, very fun and cozy but not cramped. Entertainment is good, I believe it starts at 9? If you're in Alexandria make sure you eat here.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
murphysparties, General Manager at Murphy's Grand Irish Pub, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Hi Michale,

I just want to take a few moments of your time to thank you for the many years that you have made the effort in stopping by Murphy's Irish Pub. That really means a lot and as i am sure your aware, there are many choices out there. And then to take the time from your life to post such a nice review here on TA, i can't thank you enough.
Please come ask for me the next time you are in town so i can meet you in person.
Have a great end of summer and i will be looking forward to meeting you.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Irish pub atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I really love this place because it makes me think of a true Irish pub! I love the food, and the prices are definitely right. My only complaint is that things are starting to look a bit run-down. Go patronize the place so they can make sure it get the attention it deserves. =)

Visited August 2012
Hello Whitney,

Thank you for the wonderful review and advice on Murphy's Irish Pub. We are very fortunate to have so many wonderful and caring customers like you.
I would love to chat with you sometime on your next planned visit to the restaurant and hopefully get to know you more and also thank you in person for the continued business.
Until then, have a great rest of the summer.
Olds, Alberta
“Won't go back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Neat pub atmosphere. However the food was below par. The Irish egg rolls were great but the ribs were the worst I have ever had. Service was great

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
murphysparties, General Manager at Murphy's Grand Irish Pub, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Hello swbasil,
Thank you for the feedback here on TA.
I am glad to hear that the service was up to par and that our homemade Irish corned beef & cabbage rools went over well.
It's been over 2 years now since Murphy's has offered all you can eat ribs on a Monday night for $14.95, your review of them was the first time we had a complaint. I will investigate what went wrong, get to the bottom of this and make sure that the ribs we sell are of the highest quality.I will check with the chef and find out if the supplier changed who they buy them from.
Thank you again for your valuable feedback and have a great rest of the week.