“VIEW OF THE POTOMAC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chart House Restaurant

Chart House Restaurant
1 Cameron St, Alexandria, VA 22314-3235 (Old Town)
703-684-5080
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 650 Restaurants in Alexandria
Transit: King Street Metro Station
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“VIEW OF THE POTOMAC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Had dinner a couple of nights ago. I enjoyed the salad bar and the dinner was great. I had the sweet and sour sea bass(wonderful). Our server was very patient (large group) and organized.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
“Cafeteria on the water”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The view is nice if you are outside..an overpriced cafeteria tourist trap to much noise and the only thing good was the waitress who was new but tried her best.

Visited August 2013
“My 24th Wedding Anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

My husband and I were on our family vacation and our 24th wedding anniversary was in the middle of it. I wanted to have a nice dinner with my husband to celebrate and our hotel concierge suggested that we come here so I had them book our reservation. When we arrived they had our seats looking out over the river eith a beautiful view of the sunset. The food was excellent, they had a special menu printed up with our names on it for our anniversary to keep and they gave us a complimentary desert as well! I was extremely happy with the service,food,and ambiance!

Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Want over-priced and poorly made drinks with a beautiful view?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

While on vacation visiting my father in Old Town, my boyfriend and I went out for an after-dinner drink and walked down to the river and decided on the Chart House where I'd been many times. (Old Town Alexandria has become very touristy and expensive since we moved here in 1979). I had worked as a bartender in a trendy restaurant in Old Town and know how to make a good drink and how insane the mark-up on liquor is in bars and restaurants. I asked the bartender to make me a straight up vodka gimlet with a dash of St. Germaine's, a dash of Rose's lime juice, and a bit of fresh lime. When it arrived, it was lukewarm and heavy on the St. Germaine's but I didn't complain. Instead, I doctored it up with limes and ice. My boyfriend ordered the easy Jameson's over ice. I decided to have another drink and asked for a simple gimlet, just Rose's and vodka (because who can screw that up?) I saw the bartender put vodka and a dash of rose's, shake it once or twice. It arrived lukewarm and sad. And the kicker? The drinks are 14 bucks each! Who ever heard of this kind of mark-up? 8 dollars is standard and 10 dollars is too much but out there. Bartenders make great money but this guy didn't earn his keep and gives bartenders a bad name. I don't like to be gouged on something that costs about 82 cents to make. Won't be back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa, Florida
“Pricy but worth it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The service was impecable, the food was delectable and the desert was incredible. Have to say it was pricy, but it does not dissapoint with the quality or quantity of the food.