“15th Anniversary dinner worthy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of LA Bergerie Restaurant

LA Bergerie Restaurant
218 N. Lee Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 (Old Town)
+1 703-683-1007
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
LA Bergerie Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 614 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: Queen and N. Lee
Transit: King Street Metro
“15th Anniversary dinner worthy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Great choice for a romantic anniversary dinner. We had a 7:30 reservation and were seated promptly. Three & 4 course meals, but we opted to do ala carte. Champagne by the glass was lovely and dry as requested. Pate delicious, duck prosciutto with salad wonderful, lamb stuffed with lamb sausage very flavorful, lobster flambé underwhelming. We each had a soufflé, hazelnut for me and the Grande Marnier for my husband. Both equally delicious.

I usually ask for suggestions when choosing entrees, but didn't this time. I doubt the lobster flambé would have been recommended and I wonder what I should have gotten. I think it was just my personal preference.

Service was excellent. The suggested wine pairings were well matched.

Visited April 2013
Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at LA Bergerie Restaurant, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for celebrating your anniversary with us and we're so glad you enjoyed everything!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Consistently good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I went to La Bergerie for Restaurant Week and had yet another very pleasant experience. I had been there a few years back and wanted to try it again because I had enjoyed it so much. Because it was Restaurant Week, we were unfortunately unable to sample anything off the regular menu as their menu that night was a fixed price type menu. The food however was just as good as I remembered it, and the service very attentive.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Allison D, Public Relations Manager at LA Bergerie Restaurant, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Sydney - thank you! We hope you'll come back for our regular menu:)
Alexandria,VA
“Valentine's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Despite some problems in the kitchen, which extended our wait for the entree we spent a delightful Valentine's Day evening. The strolling violinist lent a romantic touch, the waiter who served us was most attentive, letting us know the progress of the kitchen, and filling our glasses to keep us happy. M.Laurent, owner/manager, who could be seen resetting tables and greeting guests, spent a while with us while we had dessert, to apologise for the delay we had experienced. The special menu for a special evening was delicious and beautifully presented, and the contre-temps handled with courtesy.
We will definitely return, hoping the kitchen snags will have been resolved, but I hold my final rating for a future visit.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Allison D, Public Relations Manager at LA Bergerie Restaurant, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you! We appreciate your nice review and are happy your enjoyed your experience (we apologize for the wait around the kitchen).
Alexandria, VA
“Long-time gem & special occasion go-to spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This place is an Old Town, Alexandria institution, and with good reason. Quality French with dishes expertly prepared and served by a friendly and efficient wait staff, and with booths you can really sink into. It had been a long time since my husband & I had been here---somehow, we had forgotten about this place, though I don't know why---then last summer friends, who love to eat out, suggested meeting here for lunch. Fabulous. A long, good time at the table over lobster, salmon and salad and other dishes. At Christmas, thinking back to our excellent meal the summer before, my husband & I booked ourselves a table for lunch on Christmas Eve. It was another long, glorious, lingering experience. Rock fish, bouilabaisse, crisp salads, excellent breads, lovely wines, all served attentively. The table next to ours was a large party, all family members, some of whom, as we overheard, had flown in from halfway around the world to enjoy what we surmised was a traditional Christmas gathering at La Bergerie. Now we have a new Christmas tradition in our family, too, though we certainly won't wait until then to enjoy La Bergerie again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you Caroline for such a nice review! We're honored to be part of your "holiday tradition"
reston va
“Best Bouillabaisse this side of the Atlantic!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

When we climbed the stairs to La Bergerie for lunch, we were looking for a comfortable French meal and a glass of wine after a day of sightseeing and shopping in Old Town Alexandria. Le Bergerie was recommended so we sat down in their oval booth and relaxed. The menu was both in French and English--easy to translate. The bouillabaisse on the menu looked inviting for a slightly coolish day. It was fantastic. The rouille which was provided in a small container accented the toasts so well you hated to be finished with the French soup. The sauvignon blanc which was served by the glass was perfect as well. We had eaten bouillabaisse originally in the South of France--and it was terrific. The portion at La Bergerie was also memorable. Wait staff was solicitous and helpful. Fun experience!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Allison D, Public Relations Manager at LA Bergerie Restaurant, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review-we're happy you enjoyed everything!