“Good Greek restaurant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Taverna Cretekou

Taverna Cretekou
818 King St, Alexandria, VA 22314-3017 (Old Town)
703-548-8688
Neighborhood: Old Town
Tallahassee, Florida
“Good Greek restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went there with a couple of friends in March. The service was super friendly and more than one person continually checked on us, which was very nice. We struggled with what to order as there are quite a few options. I settled on the Taverna Special with as an assortment of 4 Greek dishes and all were delicious. We then couldn't resist the baklava and all had a piece! We also couldn't decide on a wine and they were kind enough to let us sample a glass rather than pay for a whole bottle.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Illinois
“Good Greek food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Authentic and Tasty Greek food with reasonable prices. Lamb shank with orzo was very good. My wife had the chicken shish kabob which was tasty but a little dry. Very friendly waiter, Hassan.

Visited March 2013
“Best Greek Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Outstanding food and service. You walk in and you become family! Thursday nights are terrific due to the wonderful live music, great food, friendly staff, and lots of dancing! I travel here every two years when i am in the area. It is worth the 2000 mile trek all by itself!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alexandria, Virginia
“After many years, a great dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife, Janice, a friend, and I ate lunch here on Saturday, March 2, 2013. Five stars!

Janice and I moved to Alexandria in 1996, and soon after we ate at this restaurant. Meh. We never had the desire to return. However, we learned that there had been a change of ownership, so we decided to try it again. We are glad we did. The food & dessert was great. Our server was terrific too, although I didn't get his name. I did learn that he is from Albania and speaks fluent Spanish because he lived in Spain. What a country!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ligonier, Pennsylvania
“The Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We eat here every time we visit Old Town and are never disappointed. This visit we had an octopus appetizer that was absolutely the best we have ever tasted. I had a lamb shank with wine sauce which was delicious! A lemon brule with Zorba coffee for dessert. I wish we lived closer. The waiter was delightful and attentive and when we asked took our picture. It was a lovely evening.

Visited February 2013