“Carnivore's Delight” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Geranio Ristorante

Geranio Ristorante
722 King St, Alexandria, VA 22314-3015 (Old Town)
703-548-0088
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Geranio Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 650 Restaurants in Alexandria
Transit: King Street Metro
Virginia
“Carnivore's Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I had dinner with business associates at Geranio's earlier this week. For a true meat lover - this was an excellent choice. We had appetizers for the table of Calimari, Bruschetta and Grilled Shrimp. All delicious and whetted our appetites for more. We shared the Portabella and Arugula salad which as just right. My husband had the Traditional Osso Bucco and I had the Braised Lamb Shank. Both were delicious, incredibly tender, flavorful and just plain GREAT. Tww of our companions ordered the Oven Roasted Rib Eye which looked incredible and they gave a big thumbs-up. Another ordered the Oven Roasted Sword Fish which was the "prettiest" dish of the evening and also got a huge "YUM" vote. With sadness, we were too satiated to even think about the delicious dessert offerings - but we were so happy and full - was an easy decision at that point. Service was prompt and congenial. A delightful business/friends dinner with excellent food.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Alexandria VA
“Excellent dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband & I celebrated our anniversary with dinner at Geranio's. The staff were very attentive. The food was excellent. My husband had the pasta special with mussels, lobster, crab and scallops over linguini with a tomato cream sauce and I had the crab meat ravioli. We managed to save room for a shared dessert - creme brulee. Perfect ending to our meal. Highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Talleyville, Delaware
“Old World Italian in Old Town Alexandria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My wife and I have been dining at Geranio's for over a decade and have always had a good meal here. The most recent visit included children and grandchildren (10 total), which tested both their menu and their service. Adding to the challenge was the fact that it was Restaurant Week in Alexandria.

One of adults tried the four course special and the rest of us ordered from the standard menu. The grandchildren, who tried different varieties of pasta, gave the food two thumbs up. The adults sampled calamari, risotto, Osso Buco, chicken and flounder. Once again, top marks on food.

With the exception of slow delivery on the four course meal, service was good to very good. Given it was Restaurant Week, they were very crowded for a Tuesday night. Overall, the food and wine prices were reasonable considering that Geranio's in the shadow of Washington, DC. Comparable fare in the city would cost 30 to 50% more.

The decor is simple and homey. Give them a try the next time your are in Old Town.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Alexandria, Virginia
“Italian feel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Charming decor and the food was good. Not just the chain store Italian fare, more of what I have gotten in Italy.

Visited July 2012
Dania Beach, Florida
“Very nice for a date or anniversary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have used this restaurant three times for an anniversary dinner, Valentines dinner, and just a night out dinner. The menu is a little fancy for those that want something outside the realm of a chain restaurant. The setting is quaint and romantic but they tend to put too many tables in both dining rooms. I would prefer this place giving a little more room to allow couples some privacy. The food was cooked perfectly each time. I had wild mushroom risotto with range free chicken. It was fantastic. Parking in Alexandria is limited. The price for a meal for two will run about $100 with tip.

• Visited August 2011