“Consistantly good food and atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Joe Theismann's Restaurant

Joe Theismann's Restaurant
1800 Diagonal Rd, Ste A, Alexandria, VA 22314-2840 (Old Town)
703-739-0777
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe Theismann's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 650 Restaurants in Alexandria
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: King Street
Transit: Joe Theismann's Restaurant is well served by public transportation. The King Street Metro train is located across the street on the blue and the yellow lines, only two stops from Reagan Airport. Also across the street are the Amtrak and VRE trains, Alexandria Dash Bus and REX bus stops as well as the free city Tolley.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Consistantly good food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We have been here many times over a couple of decades. food and drink have always been of high quality and fairly priced. If you are in the DC area and want to visit a place close to the metro (subway) this could be the place with a happy hour starting a 4PM that is one of the best in the area. I think on this visit the staff was getting a little tired out or just need to get some sleep. Hostess and assorted hangers on at the station need to act like they are there to serve the customers and not the other way around. Somnambulant and petulant staff should be replaced. Maybe just a tough night all around. The place was very busy for happy hour-but maybe-for good reason. Food and drink were served well and without undue waiting.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Good, but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Had dinner here one night, the service was good and food was good. The filet was cooked perfectly and chicken cooked right and spicy. Good restaurant with good service, but prices are a bit higher than other places around.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Great menu choices and good value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We were originally planning on walking from the King St. Metro Station (Yellow Line) to a different restaurant. We saw Joe Theismann's Restaurant when we got off the train and thought we would check it out. There was a menu outside that let us check it out before going in. We arrive around 6:00 on a Saturday evening of a holiday weekend not sure what kind of wait we would have. It ended up that they were able to seat us immediately. The atmosphere was great and exactly what my wife and I were looking for. It was a casual feel, but there are plenty of choices on the menu to let you choose for you tastes and price range. The staff was very prompt and friendly. They worked together as a team to make sure every need of the customers is being met. So while we hadn't planned on eating at this restaurant, we are glad we stumbled upon it and would be sure to visit again if we are back in the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Merritt Island, Florida
“Good choice for my birthday dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Prices were about average for the area. We went here for my birthday as it was across the street from out hotel, and I was too tired to walk any farther. Glad we stopped by!

The French onion soup was good and the crab gumbo was even better. I really enjoyed my wedge salad. I had the southern supper special and enjoyed it a lot. My husband loved his Cajun pasta. But the best part of the meal was the grilled banana bread with salted caramel ice cream and caramel sauce. It was comped for my birthday, and we took it back to the room as we were stuffed after dinner. I wished we had ordered two as I hated sharing since it was my birthday! The ice cream alone was amazing!

“Very Impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I went here last night with a friend who suggested this restaurant. I ordered the filet and it was AMAZING!!! The filet was so juicy and tender and flavorful. I really enjoyed the meal. In regards to the service, my server Corie was extremely friendly and personable. She was really knowledgeable about the menu and helpful. The bar was a bit noisy considering we went on a Friday night during happy hour but it did not bother me too much. Overall I would go again for the food and pleasant dining experience.

• Visited January 2014