“Washington” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Joe Theismann's Restaurant

Joe Theismann's Restaurant
1800 Diagonal Rd, Ste A, Alexandria, VA 22314-2840 (Old Town)
703-739-0777
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe Theismann's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 615 Restaurants in Alexandria
Good for: Bar scene, Doing business, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: King Street
Transit: Joe Theismann's Restaurant is well served by public transportation. The King Street Metro train is located across the street on the blue and the yellow lines, only two stops from Reagan Airport. Also across the street are the Amtrak and VRE trains, Alexandria Dash Bus and REX bus stops as well as the free city Tolley.
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
“Washington”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Outstanding steak, very good drinks and Peter our waiter was personable, efficient and a great ambassador for the restaurant.

Visited April 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

After a long day in DC my husband and I took the Metro to King Street expecting to have dinner on the waterfront. After we found that the waterfront was, even with the free shuttle, to take longer than we needed to spend we saw Theismann's. We were not planning on an expensive dinner as we were tired and just wanted to get some good food. Theismanns is directly across from the Metro station and was perfect.

They do have expensive items on the menu that looked wonderful but they also have several nice moderately priced items. My husband had the fish tacos and I had a salad with grilled chicken. With drinks and tips our bill was less than $30. The food was freshly prepared and tasted great. The service was also excellent. Our server almost made a new menu item for me as I wanted a combination of two of the salads. She was very pleasant and effecient.

I am glad we stopped there by accident and will go back if we go back to Alexandria.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alexandria, Virginia
“Convenient for Business gatherings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Joe Theismans is sort of like an upscale Applebee's. It has a few solid menu items, but overall it is overpriced and just sort of there. It works for business lunches or gatherings and the happy hour special is solid, but be warned--there are several large businesses nearby plus it is right by the King Street metro so it is frequently crowded.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Carmel, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I had lunch...the food was very good quality...we thought very economical...family friendly

Visited April 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great atmosphere, good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went to this restaurant with my new boyfriend and my parents and we left happy and satisfied. We were looking for a restaurant that was quiet enough to have a conversation but not fancy and expensive, and Joe Theirmann's fit this nicely. The food was a little expensive, but very good. We were not able to make a reservation, which was an initial disappointment, but we didn't have to wait long for a table (on Friday night!). The sports decor is really cool and there are TVs all over. I would recommend eating here in a group or with family, but it is not really the place for a quiet meal.

• Visited April 2013