“A little corner of Paris in Old Town” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Refuge Restaurant

Le Refuge Restaurant
127 N Washington St, Ste C, Alexandria, VA 22314-3176 (Old Town)
703-548-4661
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Washington, DC
“A little corner of Paris in Old Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have been going to Le Refuge for years and am never disappointed. The food is reliably delicious and the atmosphere is charming. The rainbow trout has a delicate flavor and their daily specials are always good. It is a small intimate place--good for a romantic evening or just a quiet place to go with friends.

• Visited August 2013

Tokyo, Japan
“Wonderful food, great wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This lovely little French bistro offered a variety of French foods in a cozy setting. I greatly enjoyed my soft shell crab and my husband's duck with raspberry sauce was superb. Service was friendly.

Visited August 2013
silver spring, md
“A Very Nice, Romantic Little French Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Went with my wife and a couple of friends recently and we all were pleased with the place. The ambiance is charmingly French - cluttered and romantic. The service is attentive and friendly. The food is very, very good. One of my friends and I shared appetizers - stuffed mushroom caps and clams casino - and both were really tasty. My wife had three small servings of different soups (one was gaspacho) and she enjoyed having a taste of each. For dinner my wife and I both ordered the coquilles St. Jaques - here, scallops in a wine broth - and it was really quite good. We shared the creme brulee for dessert and both thought it very nice. The prices are quite high, but it's really a great place to go for any special occasion (they do a nice birthday celebration, if you desire it).

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Eldon, Missouri
“Perfect on every feature”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The waiter was so attentive and efficient. He was a professional and very efficient, but yet he was still very pleasant. The wait staff spoke French to each other and the décor was French. So ambiance was perfect. Now to the food. Perfect! Of course the waiter understood the gluten issue and filled me in right away about what was best for that diet. He understood the situation perfectly which is a rare find indeed. We almost didn't want to leave, but felt we needed to give others the opportunity. It is a small restaurant so very intimate but very busy. Very relaxing and enjoyable! Oh, and Perfect!

• Visited July 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Amazing find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Visiting Old Town Alexandria for just an afternoon and evening. It was raining off and on so we were dodging rain drops and literally stumbled upon this place and were we ever so glad. We were contemplating where to eat for dinner and just one look at the menu and inside the restaurant, we knew this was it. They hadn't opened yet, so we continued our stroll and called for a reservation. Of course there was another rainstorm right as we were trying to make it back for dinner. Unfortunately, we were quite wet by the time we made it, but that was the worst part of the evening. The inside of the restaurant is small, eclectically decorated, and cozy. We started with the crab stuffed mushrooms that were absolutely amazing!! The appetizer was a little small, but tasted oh so good. My husband had the duck and said it was the best duck he had ever had. I had the soft shell crab and it was by far the best soft shell crab I've ever tasted. It was so fresh and delicious. We had the pear tart for dessert and it came with chocolate sauce and whipped cream. It was to die for. Our waitress was super nice and accommodating. We had such a good evening and would definitely return. Highly recommend it for a romantic evening.

• Visited June 2013