“Please visit!” 5 of 5 stars

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Please visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Extremely beautiful! Much to see, much to feel. Please remember this is a solemn place and act accordingly. If you hear "taps" in the distance, please bow your heads and take a moment...

Visited February 2013

Atlanta
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Beautiful and secluded”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We were actually in town to bury my father in law in Arlington. We were staying at the Residence Inn on Duke street and were surprised when we opened our windows to discover a small national cemetery behind the hotel.

There is both a civilian looking side and the white rows of the traditional military side. I took my children and walked the quiet and beautiful rows. It was moving and a nice quiet time to explain to my children what they were seeing ... those souls that have sacrificed in defense of their nation and their ideas.

There are a few modern graves mixed in with a lot of 1800s graves. A monument of note is for four men killed in pursuit of James Wilkes Booth.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank GaPeppy
Milton Freewater, Oregon
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Little known piece of America”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I lived just down the Jefferson Highway from the Cemetery and until I did some family history never gave it any notice. However, in doing some family history I found out my ancestor, who was killed in the battle of Wash DC was buried here. Imagine my surprise to find a wonderful maintained piece of history.

Visited June 2012