“Awesome Value” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Saint Charles, Michigan
“Awesome Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Everything about our hotel stay was extremely satisfying. From the free laundry to the inroom kitchen and dining area. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Free parking and room for 5 and a dog.

Room Tip: Queen Suite on upper level has plenty of room for roll-away bed.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Danielle S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear jmpnjo21,

Thank you for an awesome review! It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed staying with us and some of the many amenities we have to offer. If travels ever bring you back to the Alexandria-Fort Belvoir area, we look forward to your return!

Danielle Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A great and comfortable place to stay. Out of the center of town for a more relaxing environment, yet close enough to everything in a 20 minute drive. The wi-fi is fast and stable. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because the recliner could be more comfortable. Other than that, this hotel is great.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Danielle S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear fleetliaison,

Thank you for your feedback and valuable business! We are thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us. We hope to see you sometime soon in the near future!

Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was in town on business and my company had originally booked me in a different hotel but moved us here and I am so very glad they did. Tori greeted me at the front desk and helped my check in as well as gave me some great recommendations for places to eat and shop in the area. It's my first time in Alexandria so I definitely needed some help in that regard. I was a bit early checking in and my room wasn't quite ready but that was no problem for me, since I was the early one. I was able to sit in the lobby and work on my laptop until it had been prepared, which only took 15 minutes. Everyone was so kind and helpful.

The lobby was very clean and well decorated. They have a shop for guests to use to purchase various snacks and sundries. I love that they have a workout room. It's not big, but it's well supplied with treadmills, a stationary bike, elliptical machine, weight machine, medicine balls, free weights, as well as fresh towels. The gym also shares space with the guest laundry facilities which are free for guests to use! That was a very nice perk. Most places that provide guest laundry have coin operated machines, but not here. You would need to supply your own detergent or you can purchase some at the hotel. They also provide luggage carts for you to help load/unload your belongings from the car. My stay is three weeks so I had a lot to bring in, and I appreciated only having to make two trips instead of four or five.

My room was on the second floor and the hallway was very clean and well kept. My room was wonderful! The whole room was clean and well decorated. The bed was incredibly comfortable, the bathroom was quite a nice size and I love the bowed out shower curtain as well. The kitchenette is very nice and I like that they supply the cooking utensils, pots and pans, dishes and even a coffee maker and toaster. I've stayed at other extended stay hotels that require you to request these items from the front desk instead of providing them in each room. The full size refrigerator is a nice touch, as well as a dishwasher. That was a welcome surprise. The room also features a large tabletop that acts as your eating table, work space, and TV stand with also a built in clothes dresser and shelves for storage. They also provide a DVD player in the room. You can even check out DVDs from the front desk if you so desired. Also the wifi is very good. I've stayed at other places which have severely throttled free wifi and will offer "exclusive" faster wifi access for a "nominal fee" and that's pretty shady as far as I'm concerned. Happlily, that is not the case here, their free wifi is great and can even stream media from Netflix and I can Skype with my family without problem. In this day and age the quality of wifi is a pretty big deal for any traveler. They also change their wifi password each Saturday and will provide the new one by writing it on the guest message board in the lobby, or you can find out the new password simply by calling the front desk.

Overall I'm very pleased with the Candlewood Suites. The staff has gone above and beyond to make my stay great, and I will certainly be staying here again for business or on my personal time. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear SteelPenguin71,

Thank you for such an awesome review! We appreciate your thorough feedback and are pleased that you enjoyed some of the many amenities we have to offer. I will personally commend Tori on the stellar service she provided you upon check-in. We will most certainly look forward to being at your service sometime in the near future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2015

I stay at this candlewood a week ago in town for work. The lady at the front desk Tori recommended some great places for dinner and happy hour spots while i was in town. Thanks to this my time in the dc area was not all work but had a little fun. Hope I can stay here on my next visit.

• Stayed February 2015
Danielle S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, February 22, 2015
Dear jharris83,

Thank you for sharing your experience while staying with us! We appreciate your kind words and hope to see you soon!

San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2015

This hotel was recommended to me by a local colleague for its proximity to my business point (Fort Belvoir). It was definitely close to the Fort. I would call it adjacent. It was your basic hotel room, and the desk staff was polite. There were doggie treats and a water bowl in the lobby (?). However. This is not a hotel for people who need to be up and sharp and do real work in the morning. I drove 20 minutes to find a restaurant, but at that point gave up and went to Panera. My room (306) smelled very foul and sour...perhaps a pet accident the previous evening? I kept my clothes inside my suitcase inside the closed closet to minimize small transmission. I requested a quiet room, and ended up between the elevator and a room housing multiple crying toddlers whose parents' attemps at entertaining them included throwing a ball against the wall until ~10 pm. Fun! The preferred form of communication between hotel guests on the top floor seemed to be shouting up and down the hallway. No filters on obscenities. Barking dogs, too! I figure I got *maybe* 4 hours of sleep. Next time I'll stay in the DC area, sleep better and more, and just drive to the Fort in the morning.

Room Tip: I'd recommd staying out of #306 until they identify and resolve the foul smell issue. Internet i...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Dear Jen335,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to see where we can improve from your standpoint. I do apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. If you would like to further discuss, please reach out to me directly. I do hope that you may give us another try if travels bring you back to our area.

Lynchburg, Va
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2015

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night after attending a funeral in the area. Check-in was smooth and the price was good. We didn't need a luxury hotel, just a nice, clean room for the night. The room itself would be nice for a business traveller as it had a full kitchen: full size refrigerator, 2 burner stove, sink, microwave, pots & pans, etc. More than we needed, but like I said, the price was excellent. A few complaints: 1) it didn't look like the halls or our room had been vacuumed recently. The hallway on our floor had all kinds of strings, plastic pieces, small pieces of paper all over it. It didn't give us the warm fuzzies as we walked to our room. I found a candy wrapper on the floor beside the bed. 2) they don't serve breakfast at this hotel - I should have checked, but most hotels have some kind of breakfast these days 3) there is a large easy chair for relaxing - but it is jammed in between one side of the bed and the wall, which makes it awkward to get in the bed and in the middle of the night in the dark someone could stub a toe on it. There's just not enough room for it in the room.
The bathroom was clean and the bed was comfortable and we did get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Danielle S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, January 20, 2015
Dear StormNik,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as well as your valuable business. If travel brings you back to our area, we do hope that you will give us another try for a 5 star stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2014

When we arrived, the friendly front desk lady helped us with maps and tips to take the Metro to Washington DC the next day. The rooms were very clean and fresh. We decided to bring the family dog at the last minute and they were accommodating and gracious. My husband got very ill with the Flu day 2 and they directed us to a small hospital nearby. All the staff went out of their way to help us navigate the area, provide us with free DVD's and even when we forgot our house key, they sent it back to us in the mail.
I can't say "Thank You" enough for the excellent service and kindnesses from all the staff! Even tough Ron had the flu , our Christmas was very enjoyable.
We will choose the Candlewood suites when we come back to the DC area.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Danielle S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, December 31, 2014
Dear HeidiandRon P,

Thank you for sharing your experience while staying with us. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the holidays despite the circumstances. We hope to see you sometime soon in the near future!

Danielle Smith

Been to Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir? Share your experiences!