You added Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir to your Saves list
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Lynchburg, Va
“It was OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night after attending a funeral in the area. Check-in was smooth and the price was good. We didn't need a luxury hotel, just a nice, clean room for the night. The room itself would be nice for a business traveller as it had a full kitchen: full size refrigerator, 2 burner stove, sink, microwave, pots & pans, etc. More than we needed, but like I said, the price was excellent. A few complaints: 1) it didn't look like the halls or our room had been vacuumed recently. The hallway on our floor had all kinds of strings, plastic pieces, small pieces of paper all over it. It didn't give us the warm fuzzies as we walked to our room. I found a candy wrapper on the floor beside the bed. 2) they don't serve breakfast at this hotel - I should have checked, but most hotels have some kind of breakfast these days 3) there is a large easy chair for relaxing - but it is jammed in between one side of the bed and the wall, which makes it awkward to get in the bed and in the middle of the night in the dark someone could stub a toe on it. There's just not enough room for it in the room.
The bathroom was clean and the bed was comfortable and we did get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Danielle S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear StormNik,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as well as your valuable business. If travel brings you back to our area, we do hope that you will give us another try for a 5 star stay.

Danielle Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When we arrived, the friendly front desk lady helped us with maps and tips to take the Metro to Washington DC the next day. The rooms were very clean and fresh. We decided to bring the family dog at the last minute and they were accommodating and gracious. My husband got very ill with the Flu day 2 and they directed us to a small hospital nearby. All the staff went out of their way to help us navigate the area, provide us with free DVD's and even when we forgot our house key, they sent it back to us in the mail.
I can't say "Thank You" enough for the excellent service and kindnesses from all the staff! Even tough Ron had the flu , our Christmas was very enjoyable.
We will choose the Candlewood suites when we come back to the DC area.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Danielle S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear HeidiandRon P,

Thank you for sharing your experience while staying with us. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the holidays despite the circumstances. We hope to see you sometime soon in the near future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Candlewood on a Saturday because I did not feel like driving home with the kids and Marcus was there to check me in He was very nice and polite gave me a good deal and I will always come back PS There DVD players in the room

• Stayed December 2014
Dear Jrsta,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Glad to see you enjoyed the DVD players in the room :) We hope to see you sometime in the near future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2014

Marcus B was great and very helpful. Would recommend to my FBU family. We will be in this area next weekend and will tell my friends to book at Candlewood Suites. Nice rooms very clean rooms and convenient to the football field. Great place!!!

Stayed December 2014
Dear Monica J,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us! We will look forward to your return in the near future.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2014

Close to Mt Vernon VA. Last minute decision where to stay and this was the great choice. Nice clean place. Rooms very spacious. Great front desk service, Marcus went above and beyond to accommodate me and my family. Will definitely recommend this hotel and visit again.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Senior0,

Thank you for your recent review while staying with us. We hope to see you soon in the near future!

charles city,virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

Everything was amazing!I arrived a little early and my room was ready.Very clean, quiet and amazing for the price.Would recommend this to everyone!Thanks for the wonderful service! I will definitely be back!!!

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Danielle S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, November 19, 2014
Dear Tyler2cl,

Thank you for such an amazing review! We appreciate your feedback and will certainly look forward to your return in the near future.

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

Great location!!! Close to Mount Vernon, Alexandria old town and other attractions.
We enjoyed our 3 nights stay at the Candlewoods Suites. Our studio suite was spacious, with a full kitchen. Our bathroom was great; my husband loved the large work desk, with lots of electric plugs for charging.
The gym was bigger than at the usual hotel gym, with more machines than expected. The large guest laundry room was like a small laundry shop…..They have 4 washers and 4 dryers, who needs more???? Its location was perfect, right next to the gym. While washing my laundry, I could ride the bicycle, run and do some weight lifting.
After we left for New York, I realized that I had forgotten my cellphone charger in the room, and also our lovely souvenir picture from Biltmore Estate.
I called the hotel; spoke to Daniel who was very helpful. She arranged to mail the charger and the picture, to New York. I am very thankful for her help.
It was an excellent stay from the first minute we arrived and great service even after our departure.
For me it was a 6 star stay.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sharon_zz,

Thank you for taking time to review Candlewood Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir. We are glad that you and your husband enjoyed staying with us and the amenities we have to offer. It was our pleasure being at your service and we look forward to your return in the near future.

Danielle Smith

Been to Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir? Share your experiences!