“Yet Another Pleasant Visit” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
Suffern, New York
“Yet Another Pleasant Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I regularly travel to Washington DC and I regularly stay at the Candlewood Suites in Alexandria-Fort Belvoir. The experience has consistently been excellent. From pleasant check-ins at any time of the day or night to the morning, the excellent amenities, the spotless comfortable rooms and the proximity to Washington DC, I have found my home away form home at the Candlewood Suites-Alexandria-Fort Belvoir.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Danielle S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear MitchellKW,

Thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites Alexandria-Fort-Belvoir to be your home away from home. We do strive to provide excellent service to all of our guests and it is great to hear that we consistently meet your expectations. We truly appreciate your loyalty and look foward to having you back!

Danielle Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Salem, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

When I'm in the Alexandria area I always stay there. The staff and the rooms are GREAT. Check in and check out is easy. If you need anything the staff will take care of it. The rooms are clean and have all the amenities you would need. I will keep going back.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Danielle S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Preston P,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Candlewood Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir. It is truly a pleasure having you as our guest. Thank you for your loyalty and we look foward to your next stay with us!

Macon, Georgia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel from the minute I stepped in made me feel comfortable and welcomed. Although, I got in past normal check-in, they held my reservation and were more than accommodating. The room was amazing. The beds were comfortable and the studio featured additional amenities that made the stay more comfortable. Based on my experience, I will selecting a Candlewood hotel in every city I visit!

Room Tip: All the rooms are equally enjoyable. The studios are great if you need extra space.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear MARCUS G,

What a wonderful review! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are thrilled that you were pleased with our service and the amenities we have to offer. The next time you are in the Alexandria-Fort Belvoir area, we look foward to being at your service again!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff was warm and welcoming. The room was spacious and comfortable. I also found the hotel to be very clean, which I feel is very important when I am looking for places to stay. I highly recommend Candlewood here in Alexandria if you are visiting the area. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Danielle S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Blaire S,

Thank you for such an awesome review! We greatly appreciate your feedback. The next time you are in the Alexandria-Fort Belvoir area, we look foward to accommodating you!

Fayetteville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family and I only stayed here one night so we could go see Mount Vernon. The room was spacious for our needs, but it would drive my fourteen month old up the wall if we stayed there any longer. If you are military (or don't want to affiliate with military) and you don't like to be surrounded by military, don't stay here because this is where a lot of military families who don't get the on-post hotel when they PCS stay when they move to Fort Belvoir. We don't mind that, but do be prepared to be surrounded by military culture! Our encounter with the front desk was one of our poorer ones we have had in awhile. The gentleman looked like we were more of an annoyance to him than anything else. Plus, he just had the air of hating his job. I know not everyone is happy every day, but don't treat me like I'm an annoyance. Like I said, we only stayed for one night, and I'm glad that it was only for the one night.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Danielle S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear dms200912,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. I regret that you did not have the wonderful experience that we strive to provide. I do hope that in the future you will give Candlewood Suites another try.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My room was okay, the service from Ms. Audrey was great, the service from everyone else was substandard.

First of all if you are going to have a hotel that is pet friendly that is completely fine but having pet smells permeate the entire hallway was too much!!

I couldn't keep an internet connection. Every half hour my connection would drop which was very aggravating ~ I am officially behind in my studies!

My first incident was having something to wipe the gym equipment down with. When it was first mentioned I was told it would be taken care of. I had to ask on several occassions before I was informed that I need to ask someone else because the person I was asking was having her requests on my behalf ignored.

My second incident was when I asked about my sheets being changed. They changed them every 7 days; I was on day 9. Instead of managment simply telling me it will get done I kept getting push back becasue I hadn't been at the hotel long enough for linen change when I actually was.

My third incident was my toilet being stopped up which was fixed by the time I made it from training but by that point I was at the end of my rope.

When I told managment (who didn't look like managment at all, dressed very casual and I don't mean business casual) about it the first thing she did was apologized and offered me extras for my trouble in which my reply was that was not my intent. I was a little upset that she even made the comment as if she just wanted everything to blow over. When I spoke about the gym incident and I mentioned the person who helped me there was immediate nonverbal communication which suggested to me that there was conflcit with members of the staff. Interestingly when I mentioned my sheets not being changed I didn't receive the same "let me throw them under the bus" vibe. When I told the other manager (who looked very unprofessional as she was dressed "casual" as well) she acted like she was concerned but I couldn't really tell.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Danielle S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Elicia D,

Thank you for your review. We value your feedback and are addressing your concerns. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced throughout your stay. As far as the appearance of our staff, on certain days we dress casual in support of a local charity where each team member will donate monies to wear casual clothing. I hope that you understand and will consider staying with us again in the near future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Room was OKAY...Service was OKAY...really enjoyed check-in with the night clerk, she was very personable and helpful. Morning clerk was adversarial about us having a pet for our stay, despite admitting it right off the bat. Um, I was staying on points, paying $75 pet fee for one night while staying for free on points? Completely asinine. Pet friendly? I think not. Not informed of exorbitant pet fee when booking through Priority Club Call Center. Pet station was completely unacceptable...overflowing waste bucket & poop everywhere. Our plans were ruined as a result of our stay here, not entirely the fault of the hotel, but we did not sleep great and did not enjoy our stay. If you are accustomed to staying in mom's basement, the lack of insulation/sound-proofing won't bother you at all. If you have a dog, you may want to stay elsewhere. I Would not stay here again, and I definitely, do not recommend.

Room Tip: Consider another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Danielle S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Curt B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. Please accept my deepest apologies for the incoveniences you experienced while staying. We are by all means pet friendly and love having our four legged friends stay with us. We like to provide memorable experiences and regret that yours was not one as such. If your travel ever brings you back to the Alexandria area, we hope that you would let us make this up to you as I know we can. Please reach out to me directly and I would personally handle your accommodation needs.

Danielle Smith

Been to Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir? Share your experiences!