“The best service comes where you least expect it!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Las Vegas, Nevada
“The best service comes where you least expect it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I want to extend special thanks Mr. Olivier. What a responsive young man. I don’t travel to often so writing reviews are not really my thing; however I felt a responsibility to acknowledge him for his service! As I came in from a day I would specify as overwhelming. I was lucky enough to be met in the hallway by him, before I could even ask he rushed to my aid removing my bags from me before I tilted over. He noticed I was ill and offered to bring me a few item to the room. I declined however I could not help but notice the service I was experiencing at that very moment. Clearly he has a five star back ground! Thank you Mr. Leon for being so nice and polite and reminding me of the quality service that all hotels should provide.
I’ll be back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Danielle S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear T J,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor, I'm glad that Olivier was able to assist you! Here at the Candlewood Suites Fort Belvoir we pride ourselves on great customer service and reward our employees for their outstanding achievements. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return in the near future.

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Louisa, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We were attending a wedding at Mount Vernon. Booked two rooms for my family. The experience was great at the Candlewood Suites. Both rooms were clean and filled with amenities. The front desk staff couldn't have been nicer. Danielle was especially great! One room was missing a hair dryer. I called down and it was brought up to my room in less than a minute. When I asked where we might get breakfast, Danielle was extremely helpful and gave a special recommendation for a locally owned restaurant, which proved to be an excellent choice. I will definitely remember this hotel if we need to visit the area again and will highly recommend it to others. It contained many more amenities than similarly priced hotels in the area (most wedding guests were actually directed to the Hilton or Marriott, but our accommodations were much nicer and more convenient for the money.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Louisa T,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites Fort Belvoir. It was such a pleasure assisting you and your family throughout your stay and am glad you found our hotel and the amenities very accomodating. I look forward to your return in the future.

Grovetown, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I’ve travelled here to the Fort Belvoir area for business on several occasions and I’ve always stayed at the Hampton Inn. Luckily for me they were booked this time. Candlewood was actually my fall back plan but I can honestly say it’s now my new favorite number one “Go To”.

From the moment I walked in the staff was friendly and accommodating. The rooms are exceptionally clean, spacious, and comfortable. I slept like a baby every night. Now this can be attributed to one of two things, either the bed was really comfortable or it had to do with not having to listen to my wife snore (she stayed home). I’m willing to say it was the bed.

The coffee downstairs was always fresh, hot, and available. The snack room was stocked with all the necessary food craving midnight snacks and easily accessible.

If your business is on Fort Belvoir then this is the place. If your business is closer to the DC area then this is still your place. It is close enough where travel time is not insanely ridiculous. It took me about 25 minutes to get here from the terminal at Ronald Reagan Airport.

I would be remiss if I didn’t mention Marcus the night clerk. He has really gone out of his way to make my stay that much more enjoyable.

Thank you to Marcus and all the Candlewood staff,
I’ll be back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Vincent V,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites Fort Belvoir. I'm glad you found our hotel and amenities to be very accomodating and am happy that we are one of your preferred hotels. I will thank Marcus for the excellent customer service that he provided you with throughout your stay and look forward to your return in the near future!

Cypress, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I was only in Alexandria for 3 days and my stay in the Candlewood suites was very nice, rooms were exceptionally clean, the cleaning crew was very nice and helpful. I was amazed of how pet friendly this hotel was it made me feel like being in a home environment.

The front desk personnel were very nice and helpful just ask them anything about the area they will direct you. Miss Danielle at the front desk is very kind and very helpful and treated me and I imagine other guests as VIP,s.

my stay was comforting and if all the candlewoods suites are similar to the one in Alexandria I can see utilizing this hotel chain for all my stays when traveling.

I would like to thank the staff especially Danielle at Candlewood suites in Alexandria Ft. Belvoir for making my short stay very comfortable and relaxing.

Room Tip: tell the front desk your desires and they will help you get the best room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kyle E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Ricky J,

Thank you for sharing you review on Trip Advisor regarding the Candlewood Suites Fort Belvoir. We are glad you found our hotel and the amenities we have to offer satisfy you. I will personally thank Danielle for the great service she provided to you during your stay. It was a pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Cookeville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Rates were reasonable, close to quickie food places, Ft Belvoir, and South DC. Reasonably close enough to metro. Rooms were very nice, clean, large. Room was quiet to sleep in. Coffee was Maxwell House. Liked the "commissary" to buy late night food snacks in. No continental breakfast, but theres a Roy Rogers right across the street (as is gas) and there are plenty of quickie breakfast choices within half a mile. Staff was VERY friendly, gave us directions to Ft Myer, easy to work with when room only had one bed and we needed a cot for the youngest. Safe environment. Reasonably close to I-95

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Kyle E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear sjp38501,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay about the Candlewood Suites Fort Belvoir. We are excited that you enjoyed your stay with us. Roy Rogers is a great place to grab lunch and I must say they see us frequently. We are glad you enjoyed it also. Please let us know if you need future accommodations. We look forward to hosting you soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times on and off for the past 5 months for business and whenever I'm in this area in the future I will be staying here. Marcus at the front desk has been very helpful with any questions or issues I've had, Mr Leon always makes sure my room is clean and everything is working properly, and the manager kyle has been more than helpful with everything during my stay and takes time out of his day just to have a conversation with you. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Stan B,
Thank you for writing such a great review about the Candlewood suites Fort Belvoir. It is wonderful to know that we will be your hotel of choice whenever you are in this area. I will make sure to share this review with all the team members you mentioned. Please contact me directly when you need lodging. I would personally like to make your reservation and thank you properly.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I have been staying here for about 6 months now and I feel like im home. The staff here is always looking out for me and my other co workers, mr. Olivier always makes sure everything is working properly in my room. the front desk guy Markus is always making sure my room is clean. overall this has been a great stay.

Room Tip: first floor is the best
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kyle E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thanks so much for sharing such kind words on Trip Advisor, Let me know when you're coming back around so we can thank you properly. See you soon!

Been to Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir? Share your experiences!