“Great Place to Call Home While on Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great Place to Call Home While on Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Thank you so much for the great hospitality, communication, customer service, and friendliness at Candlewood Suites during our recent stay. The room was very quiet (we were on the 1st floor) and the beds were very comfy. The free use of the washer and dryers were great as well as the complimentary coffee and tea. When the air conditioner and refrigerator wasn't working in the first room,we were immediately moved to another. The TV channels weren't working right and it was reprogrammed within 24 hours. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kyle E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear gubesoum,

On behalf of the Candlewood Suites Fort Belvoir Team we would like to thank you for writing a review about your most recent stay. It is always a pleasure to know that we provide great and responsive service while you were with us. We have a great team that always strives to go above and beyond for our entire guest. We are glad we accomplished that during your stay. We look forward to hosting you in the near future at the Candlewood Suites Fort Belvoir. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for future accommodations.

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had a lovely time in this hotel. It impressed us with the modern design, comfortable bed, and the clean bathroom and kitchen area. It was conveniently located near great resturaunts! I loved the friendly booking agent!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Kyle E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Christina H,

Thank you for your review of the Candlewood Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and the decor of our hotel. It always too great to hear when you have been able to provide excellent service to our guest a threshold we always strive for. We hope to see you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

My stay was too short, look forward to always staying here when in this area. My family enjoyed comfort and roominess that we experienced. Mr. Kyle English took excellent care of me and my family from the time we arrived until check out time, He is a great asset to Candlewood Suites, thank you Mr. English.

• Stayed July 2013
Kyle E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear GSan50,

Thank you for you review of the Candlewood Suites Fort Belvoir. It was a pleasure to have you at the hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed the accommodations we have to offer. It is good to know that we will be your place of choice when you come to the Alexandria, VA area. Thank you and please do not hesitate to contact us for any future needs.

Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Had reservations for a Queen suite on 6/21. Upon check-in I asked if there was a 2 queen suite available, and Audrey happily changed our reservation. Audrey was very pleasant and thorough in explaining everything about the hotel. It is a relatively new hotel, only a year old. We were on the 2nd floor, and the room was very comfortable. The only problem I had was that there was hair on the side of the tub (which I have been finding more and more in hotels lately)...housekeeping definatley gets a thumbs down for that. There was a group that was hanging out in the gazeebo that were quite loud well past midnight (which was right outside our window)...this, of course, is not the hotel's fault. Otherwise, it was fine. I would recommend this hotel and stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Do not get a room within earshot of the gazeebo.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear borntotravel999,
Thank you for such a wonderful review of the Candlewood Suites Fort Belvoir. We are glad you enjoyed you stay with us. I will definitely congratulate Audrey for the outstanding service she was able to offer you. We hope that you will visits us again soon!

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Big thanks to Audrey who was my guardian angel. I was running tight on a meeting in DC and the cab she called was taking forever. She was just getting off work and offered to take me there. I tried to give her money but she wanted none of it.

To top it all off, I then left a special remembrance book in my room and Audrey knew it was me and they made special efforts to reach out to me and mail back.

So that is just me, but while waiting for the cab I witnessed how much she loved her job, each guest and pet by greeting them with enthusiasm. And the 45 minute right she shared with me how much she loves what she does and I heard stories exemplifying how capable she is as well. It takes a hearty and strong soul to take the night shift and double shifts and be willing to drive that far to work in traffic. She is truly selfless. And I was blessed to have met her.

Ok.... and the rooms were up to date, clean, stocked and an amazing pizza place right around the corner I was clued into.

I will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear JodiR,

Thank you for such a wonderful review of the Candlewood Suites Fort Belvoir. We are glad you enjoyed you stay with us. I will definitely congratulate Audrey for the outstanding service she was able to offer you. It is always important to go above and beyond for every one of our guest. I’m pleased that she was able to do that for you. If you travels ever bring you back to Alexandria, VA we would be more than happy to accommodate you.

Fort Belvoir, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is my second time staying at a Candlewood Suite property. Both times I have stayed for at least 2-4 weeks at a time. The rooms have always been prepared and clean, along with friendly staff. Currently, I am at this location and I found out it was a new building that was just built 8 months ago. I am very well pleased with Candlewood's management, service, and convenient locations to my trainings. I strongly suggest this hotel to anyone seeking a hotel for a period longer than 2 nights.

Room Tip: There's not a restaurant and a swimming pool associated with this property, so I had to rate it...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Danielle S, Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear thejazzylady,

Thank you for such a wonderful review! We are extremely happy that you are pleased with our services as we do strive to be most accommodating to our guests. We will look forward to your next stay at the Candlewood Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir. Thanks again!
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The room was very comfortable and cozy! The bed was fresh, clean and soft. Ooh, the recliner was a plus as well.
KUDOS to all the staff (Kyle, Irine, Freddy and Marcus B. aka "Cookie Man")!! I truly enjoyed my stay at your facility. The natural fruit flavored water and the warm Otis Spunkmeyer cookies were great too.
If I am ever in the area again, your facility will be my FIRST choice! It is in a good location for quick access to food and groceries stores down the street.

Great work Candlewood staff!
Signed....
Mrs. B aka "Cookie Lady"

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Danielle S, Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Traveler4Life2010,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and the amenities that we have to offer. The Otis Spunk Meyer cookies are most delicious and all of our guests seem to love them. We look forward to your return to the Candlewood Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir the next time that you are in the area!

Danielle Smith
Operations Manager

Been to Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir? Share your experiences!