“Thank you” 5 of 5 stars

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

To whom it may concern,

My name is Ana
Valbuena, I stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Alexandria - Ft. Belvoir, VA
I came to the Hotel exhausted after a 17 hrs international flight, I like to commend Mr. Kyle English for being so helpful and accommodating, Midnight on April 25th 2013; next morning, went to the lobby and to my surprise, Mr. English was already at the front desk, as attentive and helpful as he was the night before.
Hotel very clean, all employees very polite, informed and caring.

Regards,
Ana Valbuena

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Danielle S, Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Ana V,

Thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir. We do love our guests and try our best to provide the best service possible. We appreciate you taking the time to express such kind words about the staff and property. If travel ever brings you back to our area, we hope you will stay with us!

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed one night during a long drive north from Florida and fitted in two half day visits to George Washington's estate/museum nearby. We arrived at lunchtime and a room had been made ready so we could leave our things (travelling in a canvas sided jeep !) and the next day there was space for our things in reception while we made a morning visit. Danielle and the duty manager could not have been more helpful and friendly.
The hotel is well equipped, super kitchen and TV with videos to borrow, and clean.
Great place to stay if on a longer visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear david537,

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a kind review of the Candlewood Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir. We’re glad that we were able to be of great service to you. Thank you so much for staying with us!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I would like to thank the Candlewood for being very hospitable during my 3 day stay. The hotel was very clean, and very comfortable. It is pretty much brand new. I didn't hear a peep out of anymore and I slept comfortably. They had everything you needed right at your fingertips. The kitchen was perfect and very cute I might add. It felt like HOME. Means alot when your so far away from home. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone for 1 night or 30.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear kenneygirl,

Thank you for staying at the Candlewood Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir. We do appreciate your feedback. It is good to know you had such a comfortable stay and enjoyed some of our many amenities. If you are ever in the Alexandria-Fort Belvoir area again, we hope you will choose us to be your “home away from home.”
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Received great service and assistance from Danielle at the front desk and the front office manager during our stay. The location was in close proximity to public transportation, shops, Wash DC and Fort Belvoir.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear LeeJ706,

Thank you for staying here at the Candlewood Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir. We’re happy to hear that you received great service and the location was suiting for your needs. We hope that we can be service to you in the near future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Audrey's level of hospitalty far exceeds what would be expected for someone who is part- time. I look forward to seeing her on Thursday morning before leaving for work.
The cleaning staff work is pretty average. There need to be a better inspection of the rooms between guest. This attribute is the primary for the average score.

• Stayed March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Faith2013,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind words for the staff. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience with regards to the cleanliness of the room. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I just PCS'd to the area and needed a place to call home for a couple of weeks while my house was being prepared for my family. Everyone (for the most part) who works at this hotel is really nice and genuinely care about the folks who stay with them. Kyle has been amazing and really enjoys taking care of the people staying at his hotel. Marcus B has saved my family a couple of times as we lost our door key while carrying kids/bags/groceries and saw the struggle on the security camera. Before I could get to the elevator to get a new key, he was coming out the elevator with a new key (can anyone say superhero?). And Fred is ALWAYS smiling and after a long day at work, its the simple things that count.

Thank you to everyone who has been so kind to me and my family during our stay ( The ladies at the front desk who always give us warm cookies like Rita and Danielle made me a believer.)

Room Tip: Speak with Kyle or Danielle when calling as they are amazing.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Danielle S, Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Alauna F,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an awesome review in regards to your stay at the Candlewood Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir. We’re glad that we could accommodate you and your family during your move. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We hope you will come back to visit in the near future.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was put up at this hotel by my company for an extended stay. My experience here for the 3 months has been wonderful. The hotel is very clean and well managed. The hotel manager Kyle English was exceptionally helpful and accomodating to all my needs, I wish there was a Kyle in every hotel I stay in. The front desk guy Marcus B. was also very helpful and informative. The rooms were very clean and well mantained. I would definately stay here again and recommend this hotel to my family & frineds.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Danielle S, Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Local731,

Thank you for such a wonderful review of the Candlewood Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir. We are pleased that you had such a great experience while staying with us. We love to make our guest feel at home! We do look forward to accommodating you if travel brings you back to our area.

Been to Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir? Share your experiences!