“MY home in DC” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
Atlanta, Georgia
“MY home in DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I travel ... A Lot ! 200+ day per year. The staff at the Candlewood truly makes me feel at home. The facility is new, the rooms are clean and it is very close to my work when I am in DC. The GM Kyle is unique in that he is genuinely concerned with the comfort of each guest, and is willing to consider any suggestion. Danielle and the rest of the staff seem to be infected with some sort of virus that causes them to always smile. As much as I enjoy staying here it must also be a great place to work … Thank You Kyle and Danielle for keeping my home ready for me when I am in the DC area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kyle E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear GAKlein,

The Candlewood Suites Fort Belvoir would like to thank you for staying with us. It is great to know that we are able to offer you a home while you are in the DC area. I will make sure to pass along all the great comments about the Candlewood Suites staff. Once again thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites Fort Belvoir. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to DC.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

I spent nine days here. Very friendly staff. Clean rooms, quiet atmosphere. We felt welcome here. Close to stores and the base. If you needed anything they were on top of it. Will choose Candlewood Suites next time we come in.

• Stayed February 2013
Kyle E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for all your feedback. We are excited that you loved staying with us! Please come see us again soon.
Manassas, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I loved this hotel. It was new, conveniently located to my training and I felt safe! From the beginning, I had comfort that any issues or needs that I had would be resolved by the sales, management and/or front desk team! Irene in Sales was enthusiastic, courteous and helpful. She made a reservation for me when it seemed hopeless! Muhammed was great with checking me in and voluntarily helping me unload my items from the vehicle on two separate occasions. I met a clean room, a kitchen that was fully stocked with all of the appliances, shelving and conveniences you could ever want during an extended stay. I had tons of clothes, food, toiletries and study materials with me. It was all able to fit comfortably. Rita was helpful, knowledgeable and courteous in the evenings. She would field any requests or inquiries that I had quickly and expediently! During the weeknights, I could always count on a welcoming smile and attentive ear from Marcus B, who also was a lifesaver by helping me move out. While I did experience some issues with inconsistency in the cleaning of my room, and small issues with the ice maker and garbage disposal, Kyle English, GM, was very attentive and showed consideration whenever I had a concern. He made sure to compensate for any inconveniences that I experienced. The Ops Mgr Danielle Smith was also very sincere and prompt in resolving any issues brought to her attention. And while I believe that all of the staff members were attentive, I know that the newest housekeeper could have benefited from the skill and expertise with which the experienced more tenured housekeeper cleaned and stocked my room. Freddy was also super helpful and responsive -- great personality and responsiveness to maintenance/repairs! My garbage disposal issue was resolved overnight which was satisfactory. My ice maker issue took longer because of there was a delay in reporting the issue by one of the front desk team members not mentioned/praised in this review and miscommunication between staff and mgmt, coupled with efforts to respect the privacy magnets on my door! My room was comfortable, safe and welcoming each day! My classmates that came over to study loved my room and the hotel and said that it felt like home. I agreed and hope I'll have the pleasure of staying there again sometime soon. I am a very selective person when it comes to staying in hotels and the customer care/service that I receive! I have referred this Candlewood Suites - Alexandria/Ft. Belvoir to my team mates who will soon be traveling. While it is true that continental breakfast would have been nice but, it's okay, I regularly prepared my own breakfast in my room. The Cupboard was expensive but, its a hotel and the items were popular. I did notice some of my favorite items ran out over my month long stay and were not replaced. However, I don't believe the staff had control over the timing of the orders to restock the Cupboard. I wish I could have stayed another month! I am very particular and I would stay here again! I didn't experience any issues with the demeanor of any front desk, sales or management team members who were always courteous and responsive! The only reason it doesn't get a 5 is because I do hope that all of the housekeepers are as well trained next time as the one that I had on day #1 and during the end of week #1!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review of the Candlewood Suites Fort-Belvoir. We hope that you will come back and visit us soon in the near future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Candlewood Suites Fort Belvoir and we loved every moment. The suites were spacious and extremely clean. The staff was very helpful and very informative of the surrounding area. Whenever I come to the Alexandria-Fort Belvoir area I will be sure to stay here.

• Stayed February 2013
Kyle E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Lrdavis1,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us at the Candlewood Suites. We know how important it is to keep a clean room and provide informative information regarding the area and what it has to offer. Thank you for your kind words. We hope you will come see us soon!
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

What is there not to love about this hotel!! the staff was friendly,professional and informative about the services and features of the hotel. Marcus B. the front desk clerk was very well spoken and I felt extremely comfortable with all the hotel staff I encountered. The room was very spacious and elegant with numerous features including two full size beds, an L shaped work area; space for work as well as dining. The room featured a full kitchen including large fridge,microwave, range, sink and dishwasher, in addition a fully stocked cabinet with glassware, pots and pans and silverwear. The flatscreen t.v had excellent clarity and the Ipod alarm clock was a nice additional feature. I particularly enjoyed the many different configurations of lighting which in other hotels I have found to be either too dim or too bright: this was just right. The bathroom was extremely clean and there was plenty of hot water . The bed was just the right combination of soft and firm It felt very similar to my simmons beauty rest plush mattress...almost as if I was sleeping in my own bed. the snack bar had lots of variety as well with plently of breakfast items like juice cereal yogurt etc as well as some other items I was pleasantly suprised by like don miguel bean and cheese burritos which I can't seem to find at the grocery store anymore. all in all a very nice hotel close to historic mt. vernon and the mount vernon trail. I would highly recommend this hotel.. Kyle is the Hotel Manager and he was very friendly and helpful.

Dear Jame L,

Thank you for all your kind words about the Candlewood Suites and our staff. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

There is no better place to stay for the price in the Alexandria/Fort Belvoir area. The rooms are great (full-size fridge, plenty of desk space, big flat screen tv with HBO/Showtime/NFL Network), free laundry, and a good-sized gym with quality equipment. Yes, there isn't a breakfast, but free coffee and other amenities make this obsolete. I have spent several nights in hotels, and I can honestly say that this is probably the friendliest staff that I have encountered.

Dear StShanah10,

Thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites for your lodging needs. We are excited that you enjoyed some of the amenities we have to offer. We know how important it is to make feel as if you were at home. We hope you will visit us soon!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We had never stayed at a Candlewood Suites before so we were not sure what to expect and I am glad to say that we were impressed! The hotel staff, Rashid, Freddie and Maria, were very helpful, informative and willing to promptly accommodate our needs. The location and room itself was great! I have to be honest, I was not expecting the elegance and quality we received, which eventually resulted in us staying an additional night. Keep up the great service!

Room Tip: The suites are worth it.